Sunday, November 15, 2009

SET in the city

No, it wasn't a typo of Sex in the city, which was actually my original thought when I heard of it myself. Really, it was SET in the city 2009, an investment fair held annually at Siam Paragon.

I went there twice for the first time this year. I've always thought I should learn something about investment/business because it's totally unavoidable in capitalistic world we're living in nowadays, but didn't get around to actually learn about it. Until a few weeks ago, that is. The conversation with a certain person motivated me that it's time to get up, go, and dig information about investment.

So far I've had ZERO knowledge about it. I don't mean to be involved in stock investment anytime soon, only want to learn how many types of investment there are. Honestly, I was pretty lost the whole time I was in the fair. My head was spinning around with unfamiliar vocab; index options? index futures? mutual fund? LTF and RMF??? Come on now, it's a whole different world to me.

Got a big pile of brochures from the fair. I suppose it's time to come out from my literature and linguistic world to learn some practical knowledge for a living in today's world.

No comments: