Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Moon: The "illustration"

First thing first, surprise, surprise...I DON'T HATE THE MOVIE! I hated pretty much all elements but the soundtrack in Twilight, the first one, but New Moon wasn't really that horrible.

I'm not really sure if you can call this a "movie" though. To me, it's more like an "illustration" of the book because the director decided to follow EVERY SINGLE PACE of it. Honestly, as a huge fan of the series, I could remember and quote almost all the lines everyone spoke in the movie because those were the EXACT SAME LINES word-by-word taken from the book. So, I think New Moon has the potential to satisfy hardcore Twilight fans, but I'm not sure about the outsiders who haven't read the series.

Because, as a matter of fact, this so-called movie doesn't have the climax. It gives you exactly the feeling of turning page after page on the book, and it ends. BANG! Just like that.

Another thing is the movie makes me see Jacob's point of view a little clearer. His feelings aren't shown very obviously in the book as the readers get to learn about him more in Eclipse. But New Moon the movie made me sympathize poor Jake. Ah, the pain of unrequited love...

Here are some of my random comments about New Moon which I'd like to clarify in bullet points (Must be the habit I've got from creating too many damn outlines. Gotta blame the Japanese major)

- What the hell is up with Rob's expression as Edward? He has this Hey-I've-Got-Shit-Stuck-On
-My-Face kind of expression for the whole movie. I know he's supposed to be suffered and tortured to death (figuratively speaking by the way, because he literally can't ever die), but come on Rob, your expression makes me feel like you think Bella stinks.

- Bella, why are you so "manly"?

- What the hell is wrong with Edward and Bella kissing scenes? Those scenes are the most excruciatingly uncomfortable kissing scenes I've ever seen in my entire life. OK, I understand they must be struggling really hard in order to avoid Bella being eaten as Edward's lunch or trying to resist the temptation or whatever the heck it is. But are those scenes what you call KISSING? Come on, you guys are Westerns. You can do much better than this. I mean if they were Asians, I wouldn't complain a thing (because, after all, who said Asians can kiss? No offense, people)

- One word for the wolf pack = บางระจัน

- Did they change the contacts for all the vampires? Made them look even freakier and more vampire-ish.

- Alice is cute! Jane is also pretty!

- I like Taylor acting as Jacob. His eyes say a lot! he does look much more mature than Twilight.

That's it. I can't think of any others. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet and you're a girl, why not consider New Moon as an option, at least for Jacob's (six...hmm maybe twelve!) pack's sake? *fan girls scream and drool*

No comments: