Not much going on lately. Every day is just another new lazy day. Not that I'm complaining, though. Actually all these "lazy days" will be ending tomorrow, as NIP program is about to start, if it won't be canceled or postponed due to the political instability happening in our country right now.
So last week I went to apply for a visa at Embassy of Japan. It was all really simple, and now I obtain a 15 month college student visa. Later in the week I received another notification from Nagoya university that my room in the dormitory has been placed. From what I've heard from Sempai (a senior who went there last year), the dormitory is off-campus, but it takes only about 10-15 min walk from campus on foot, 3 min by bicycle, and it's only like 3 mins away from the nearest Subway station. So I guess it's nice. Plus it's cheap. It's only 12m2 room, though, so it's really small. But this is Japan, so it shouldn't be surprising.
I've looked through the housing allocation list, and it looks like the majority of new students are Korean. And I'm the only Thai person in the program, which is a bit surprising, judging how there are always Thai people everywhere in Japan. But I've heard there are a lot of other Thai students in Nagoya, and their "bondings" or "connections" or whatever you wanna call it, are quite strong. Typical, I'd say. Thai people seem to stick together very, very closely in huge groups when they're abroad. Maybe it's in their genes or something, I don't know. From my own experience, there are some times they'd do some things that make other people from other countries stare at. No surprise. Most of the time, I didn't get it myself.
Anyway, I've been out shopping for a couple of times this week. Trying to figure out what I need for the trip. I'm trying not to carry too much crap with me, but it really seems unavoidable, because, let's admit it, I do have way too much unnecessary crap. I'll have some stuff shipped to me after I get there, though.
One thing for sure is, I just really hate packing for a one year trip.
Ugh, this entry really is boring. I'm just gonna go call my friend who's taking off to Kyoto tonight. Been trying to call her several times, but she didn't pick up the phone. Hope she does this time.
2 comments:
"due to the political instability happening in our country right now"
it's like you're not feeling concerned... What a shame!
I don't really care. And I don't feel shame that I don't care. Call me passive or whatever.
Post a Comment