School is over. Summer vacation has started. Normally I get 3 months every year, but this year I'll get only about 2 weeks.
Well, the good thing is, I'll probably get another one in August in Japan this year.
Certificate of Eligibility and Letter of Admission from Nagoya university arrived in the mail the other day. Next step would be going to the Embassy and applying for my college student visa, which I plan to do it on Monday. Then, I'll need to go to my university to deal with the dropout thing. This week I'll also teach 2 Japanese private lessons for the last time. I promised my students that I'll find a friend to substitute for me after I leave.
Next week, from March 15-30th, I'll be participating in the New Investor Program at the Stock Exchange of Thailand, Monday to Friday from 8ish-5ish 2 weeks straight. Just can't believe that all time combined on this program per week will be even more than my regular classes a week at university.
Then, after the program ends, I'll have about 4 days left before my departure.
Will need to catch up with friends before I leave sometime in between. Sadly, my best friend at university is leaving to Florida on March 15th, so it's impossible for her to see me off at the airport on my departure day. As a result, I'll just have to say good-bye to her this week.
It really is too soon.
If you wanna name one thing I suck at, it's this. It's saying good-bye. Especially to people I really care about and feel connected. The more I grow up, the more I face with "goodbyes." You'd think I'd probably get used to it by now, but I don't. True, it's a part of life. People enter your life, and they leave. There's no such thing as "forever" (I often wonder why this word even exists since it doesn't in reality). All parties must come to an end. We say good-byes all the time, but it's never been easy for me.
I'm not too concerned with other 18 of us who will be going to Japan and going back here to finish our senior year together. Even better, I guess we'll get to spend time hanging out together in Japan at some point. All of us are really scattered all over the islands of Japan.
But I won't get to see the rest when I come back. They'll have been graduated by the time I'm back in Thailand.
Sure, we'll get to see each other again. I'll definitely go to their graduation ceremony. But our time spent together in classes on campus has come to an end.
This is it.
Earlier in the week many friends in my major were crazily taking lots of pictures at the faculty and hanging out together, possibly for the last time, because 2 of us are leaving this Monday and the week after. And I was going around trying to hug everyone as much as I possibly could. The truth is, I wish I could hug them more. It kinda hit me when we all separated that night, and all of a sudden I felt I was more sentimental than my normal self.
I wonder if I'll ever get better at saying good-byes. Maybe I never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment