Oh my, isn't my last post horrible!? I personally hate having to read something in sentences after sentences without any paragraph. I remembered when I read 2 full pages without a single paragraph in Pride and Prejudice, I secretly wish someone could have introduced Jane Austen what a paragraph is.
I was speaking to my father some weeks ago about my post-graduation life. Like I had said before, I'd rather work first, then probably continue grad school after. My father said he wouldn't have a problem with me continuing my study in...England if I wanted to. He even added that I could apply it now if I knew what I wanted to study, but he also said that I have to make sure that I study what I want, not because I want to go to England.
But that's the problem. I don't know what I want to study, so I don't want to continue right away. It's very tempting to just apply to some university, so I could be away from here for a while. Not to mention that I want to go visit Europe now. But I would never make a rash decision on something as important as this. I could wait. I really need to think this through and make sure it'll be what I want.
About 85% of Japanese major graduates in my university work in Japanese companies after graduation and now I start to think most likely I'll end up being like many of them. Not only it seems "suitable" with my degree, but also Japanese companies give better salaries than others. I've heard one of my friends got as much as about 4 times higher than an average Bachelor graduate's income, although this is a rare case. (Just for the record, she already quitted her job after working for 3 months because she can't stand having to work from 8AM-8PM. Hmm...) Normally I'd say it's about 2 or even 3 times higher, depended on the jobs and companies. Also, many of my Sempai have reassured me that I don't need to worry about not being able to find jobs because there will always be many job offers for Japanese major. Let's keep fingers crossed for that because I still have no idea what I want to do now! But then again they could be right. According to Bangkokbiznewspaper I read a few days ago, Japan is still ranked number 1 of all foreign companies investing in Thailand.
Exxon Mobil will hold a "career night" next month for 4th year students. They invited not only Japanese majors, but also French, German, Korean, Italian, and some others to this event. I've heard they come to recruit students from my university every year. I've already signed up for it, so we'll see how it goes. When I first mentioned the name Exxon Mobil, the first sentence my brother said was "company with largest revenue in the world", then my dad said Exxon Mobil may be outstanding globally, but in Thailand no one can really beat PTT in term of oil and gas company. Not that I plan to work in a Thai company, though. It's something I'll try to avoid at all costs. And even if I wanted to work at PTT, I couldn't, at least, from what people said, not without a "connection"
To be honest, this is how I feel at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment