Monday, September 5, 2011

Why worry!?

Just finished speech exam today and felt so relieved! The speech went well. It's always been like this, I'd be extremely worried and freaking out whenever I have to speak Japanese in public, but in the end it's always fine. Guess I won't ever have enough confidence when speaking Japanese...I wasn't the only one though. Lots of my friends were freaking out about speeches today, too, especially for those who didn't prepare all 8 speeches. In fact, some people said they had stomachache and couldn't eat lunch because of stress before the exam! We were like speaking to ourselves trying to memorize speeches during lunch break. Aren't we crazy!?!?! But welcome to my university life. It's been like this for the whole 4 years. People here take exams extremely seriously.

I don't like this worry at all. Been trying to tell myself that I'm capable of speaking Japanese and trying to boost myself with confidence, but it never lasts long. I don't know why I worry even though I can do it well almost every time. It's just all in my head and worrying is such a waste of time!

Nothing exciting to report this week. Last week was pretty cool though. I got to chill and hang out with some Japanese friends who came to travel in Thailand. But I guess this week will be quite uneventful. Lots of assignments to do before finals start next week. Then a week after will be nothing but exams and more exams, then they'll be over. Finals and my university life!

A friend who came back from Japan last month came to uni today. We weren't that close, but she somehow knew about my long distance relationship and suddenly shared her side of story for a while. She's in a relationship with another exchange student in the same program she met in Japan, half Japanese half English guy who is now back in England. It was pretty funny that we could understand each other's feelings quite well, especially when we talked about how time differences suck! She said they started dating only about 2 months before she came back to Thailand, but then she asked about my story and was shocked to have found out that Neven and I are "sort of" in a relationship like...2 days before I left Japan. Come to think about it now, I think it was really weird myself. It wasn't even a relationship back then, and I never thought it would eventually turn into one! But in the end we just followed what we felt. Sometimes things don't turn out the way you thought they would... Then I told her that we've been hanging out together for months but we were just friends (Actually, between our late night walks during my last week in Japan I even thought it was nice that I'd get to see this "friend" again when he came to transit in Bangkok in August...) Then she just stared at me and said she doesn't understand how you can just hang out with a guy together and not think anything more than friends with him. Interesting comment there...

This post is really random. Somehow I have stopped writing my diary for a while and only writing my blog. Is is the same thing? Though I'm sure no one reads my blog, diary still feels more personal, don't you think?

No comments: