I'm reading Hunger Games on the last day of 3 day weekend here. The book is sort of ... fun, but I guess it's not much of an excitement for me after I knew the whole story by watching the movie. It was a good movie! Didn't plan to see it but my friend dragged me to and I'm glad she did. I might have to give the book another try by continuing reading the second one.
I've spent the weekend mostly eating! Feeling very unhealthy now but the food was good. Had the best fish and chips, even better than the one I had in England(!), at a great jazz pub in Thonglor with live music which I really loved. My friend said it was as if we were in New Orleans instead of Bangkok. Then went out for a bacon cheeseburger with French fries the day after, followed by scones. And then met up with the girls for afternoon meal with sweet and cakes yesterday. See I've done nothing but led a fatty life here ..
Returning to work tomorrow. Scheduled to meet quite a few clients this week as usual, by that means almost every day. There's also another deadline coming up for a campaign our website will launch, and this put us all under pressure. Need to call, ask, beg(?) people again. What a typical salesperson life; always in contact with people. Normally I don't like to push or bug people as much and don't feel comfortable doing so, which goes against my job nature. A few weeks earlier I even grew a bit weary of keeping in contact with people but suppose I've recovered a bit. My job can't really move forward if not involved with other people. Meeting, calling, e-mailing, contacting and more contacting with people definitely is an essential part. Oh, somehow I managed to achieve my sales target last month too. Very unexpected! Couldn't help but feel grateful for golden week in Japan. Think it was a big part driving my number up as majority of Japanese went crazily traveling during this time of the year.
Continuing from my last post, after we had been chatting, I went out with him last week. It was ... alright. He talked a lot about himself while I probably didn't talk enough about myself. Didn't feel comfortable enough to keep babbling about myself immediately. Once I told Neven I used to be really shy when I was young but none of my friends now believed me, but Neven said he could see that. He said I do talk but first I need to "observe" the other person whether it's the kind of person I'm comfortable enough to talk with or not, and I think he's right. Guess I'm still under this "observing" period. We still chat every day, but I think the excitement has worn off a bit. Hard to explain but I could feel, and it's only been like 3 weeks! He really enjoys talking about himself too, showing that he's great about blah and blah, and I'm not sure how much I buy into it. Personally don't like people who brag about themselves, but this could be considered normal for guys as a way to show their confidence/ego/or whatever.
It's too early to tell and I'm not sure why, but I've got a sense that he won't stick around for long. Will just take it as it is, maybe we could be friends or something. My friend said give it at least 3 months and I'll get a clearer answer for my feelings, but somehow I doubt he'll be around that long. Call me pessimistic!
Anyway, I've got a few pictures to share. Taken with my Chula friends. All girls, as usual. Sadly we didn't take group photo, otherwise you'll get to see all of my pretty ladies!






1 comment:
Hello Nutta
My name is Kevin and came across your blog. I have to admit, your style of writing is very captivating and I enjoyed reading it.
Hunger Games books were good although I think the last one is the most interesting for it shows the Panem revolution is a bigger light and throw a lot of adult perspective into it. I am sure you will love it.
Anyway I also want to share with you an excellent opportunity that our company is handling. Its an international seminar being conducted in Thailand for the first time titled "Millionaire Mind Intensive" by T Harv Eker author of the bestseller "The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind". We have special promotional prices in case you are interested and would like to extend the opportunity through you to your readers well.
I apologize for the seemingly blatant marketing of the event, however my intention is to share this excellent opportunity with as many people as possible.
For more information, you can contact me at 0898932074
Have a nice day
Kevin
P.S. I laughed at how you mention the guy keep talking about himself, reminds me of myself in a life before I discovered something wonderful. Man, we guys do have a lot of ego. Anyway enjoy and have a great day =)
Post a Comment