Exams were officially, ETERNALLY over. No I will not continue doing PH.D, thank you very much.
I'm pretty happy at the moment. Content. Carefree. Not very often in life that you literally have nothing to do. My ex-boss once said "To have free time with nothing to do is such a privilege" She's Japanese, a very hard-working one (And an amazing boss whom I admire). Not surprised to hear that from her, but now I agreed with her totally. Next time I would get to be this free again would be when I...lose my job? (**knock on wood**) or retire?
(I refuse to think of my dissertation right now. The word itself is forbidden, for a few weeks at least).
It's terrible how I always stop reading (books, magazines don't count) leisurely when I study. So what I did today now that I'm free was went to Waterstones. It's a great feeling you can take time for hours looking from cover to cover of fiction, with no one dictating you what stuff you need to read. HA!
I'm looking forward to this summer, my last 3 months in the UK. Wait a minute, where did the time go!? It was like the other day I got on the plane in Thailand, next thing I knew I finished 2 semesters and all the lectures. Seriously? I survived accounting and finance and economics...really?
To be totally honest, yes this year was challenging and full of learning new things I am not comfortable about, but surprisingly my bachelor's degree was much tougher. People keep saying masters degree in UK in one year is so hard and you won't ever get a life, but believe me, it wasn't that bad at all. At least in my masters degree there is NO Japanese teacher drawing a card calling out your name and grilling you to the whole class in Japanese or do a debate in Japanese speaking exam. Not to mention a weekly test in my second year.
I know my masters degree has not finished yet, but for me working on the dissertation on your own doesn't really feel like studying anymore. It's almost like a freelance job! You have complete autonomy working with your own schedule, and you can stop working whenever you like. And you can squeeze a few trips around Europe in between whenever you like as well, if your personal financial situation is allowed, haha. Pretty amazing in my opinion! There are so many things I would love to see and places I would love to go outside of the UK.
I also wanna spend this summer adding skills I lack of in pursuing my job. Need to experiment more, read more...At least there is a self improvement that I don't feel so lost after finishing this like I did in my undergrad.
Unexpectedly but gratefully, I am actually having a job interview in a few days! Related to what I am interested in doing next, online and social media marketing position. I've never done a job interview in Thai or English before and honestly quite nervous at the moment. I will try to see this as a conversation.
Feeling refreshed and hopeful right now. What a great feeling! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment