Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Being sick sucks

Yes, it really *cough* sucks. Yesterday I was having class from 9-4, then teaching from 4.30-6.30. I got really exhausted when I got home. Will have to teach again on Friday evening and Saturday for 4 hours. What's with all this extra teaching hours, you ask? Well, it's because this Sunday is an exam day for Japanese Language Proficiency Test. Both of my students are taking this exam, one in level 4, the other in level 3. Right now they're cramming all kinds of grammar/vocab/Kanji for the tests. Typical student life, I'd say. Though I'm kinda lazy to teach, extra hours mean extra money, so I shouldn't really complain. Last month I just bought 3 pairs of shoes (Talk about craziness. Luckily enough I have only 2 feet. Imagine if I have 10!?!) and some other miscellaneous stuff (read: unnecessary crap). Now I need to work to make up for it or at least to make me feel better.

I also started a new blog a few weeks ago. It is used mainly for academic purpose as an online learning diary for my Applied Japanese Linguistic class, which has been my favorite subject so far. The teacher is really fun and active. There are many interesting tasks and group discussion in class. I've got to revise all my Japanese knowledge and write it on the blog as a self-monitor which is really helpful. The blog is written in Thai with some Japanese sentences as my own mistakes and Sensei's corrections from the assignments.

My application package reached Nagoya university in Japan last week. Will have to wait until February for the result. Right now I'm not really excited about going to Japan anymore, probably because it's still too far away to think about. When I first knew the result, I had been overexcited as if I wanted to leave the next day. Now it's more like...whatever, I still have many crap to deal with here in Thailand, so this Japan stuff will have to wait.

Last but not least, I just can't believe it's December already!? Time does fly so fast! I love December, particularly because of Christmas, even though I celebrate it by having mid-terms every year...

No comments: