Happy Thai New Year! I just had a long nap after my parents and I came back from having delicious, though a little too spicy, Somtam (Thai spicy salad) and chicken and many other things that I do not know how to explain in English (True story). Talk about real laziness; eat and sleep! But it's holiday so I suppose it's okay?
What I should be doing right now is studying for JLPT, not updating my blog. I can't seem to force myself to study harder than I do, which is not really a proper studying at all. I mainly study grammar points for N1 and trust me, it is filled with a lot of grammars that I do not know they exist in Japanese language, even though I've been studying Japanese for ages. Made me feel stupid. Still waiting for my packages to arrive from Japan because there are more JLPT materials in those boxes. I really need to improve my vocab and Kanji, not to mention reading, to prepare for N1. Well, honestly I feel like I need to improve everything. Been too lazy these days.
My parents and I came back from checking the iPhone yesterday. My dad has been talking about it since I got back that he wanted to buy one for me, but we never got around to buying it, maybe because I'm too passive about the whole iPhone thing. But it really looks like my dad will buy one for me. He said we could buy it now if I decided not to go to Japan. But if I still want to go, then we should wait until I come back. Guess it's because of the contract. It wouldn't be worth it if I bought one now then I would be gone for 3 weeks without using the phone. Still weird to imagine myself with an iPhone, though! When I think of university students here who use iPhone, I imagine a spoiled, rich girl using Louis Vuitton handbag sitting in Starbucks at Siam Paragon with her MacBook Pro and her iPhone and/or Blackberry "gang" Okay, maybe it's not true that all iPhone users in Bangkok are like that, but I get the image that iPhone looks like a nice "prop" for these rich kids. Needless to say, I am nowhere near to this definition. So I feel like 25,000 Baht is a lot of money to pay for just a cellphone. I could use Samsung smart phone when it's like 10,000 Baht or more cheaper.
Still not sure about the whole Japan thing. My parents are not too happy that the Fukushima plant case is now raised from level 5 to 7, now the same level with Chernobyl. But they seem to be unwillingly okay that I want to go. My dad asked me to wait for 1 or 2 more weeks until I book the ticket and that's fine. The funniest thing is my mom has already called and checked the plane ticket for me! I've been checking the flight myself and the affordable choice would be with Cathay Pacific, though I'll have to transfer and wait for 1-2 hours in Hong Kong. Definitely can't afford Thai airways, even though they have direct flights between Bangkok and Nagoya. Could you believe it's about 8,000 Baht more expensive than Cathay? Ridiculous!
Like I had mentioned earlier, I did not tell my parents the whole purpose I want to go back to Japan this time. But my brother talked to me yesterday and said she told him that she thinks I'm up to something in Japan, possibly have to sort out with my "love life" problem or something like it. What!? Literally lost for words. Not that she mentioned anything to me. Aren't parents scary? They know things about you or at least they could guess even if you don't tell them.
Time for dinner. Allow me to end this pointless entry now. Thank you.
1 comment:
I hope you get your iPhone soon. :)
xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Post a Comment