Friday, November 11, 2011

I got a job!

Typing this post in a blogger iPhone app while my laptop is being repaired at the shop now :(

So yeah, I found out on Tuesday that I got a job at Rakuten Travel, Japan major hotel reservation site. The position is Internet Travel Consultant/Sales: contacting hotels to make contract with the company, increasing sales via Rakuten website, creating hotel plans/packages for Japanese customers. In other words, acting as a coordinator between the company's partner hotels and Japanese customers on the web.

I think it sounds interesting and challenging and I'll probably get to learn about many things from this job. It's not official yet though and I don't even know when they want me to start working. The company just said they wanted to hire me and asked me how much salary I expect. In the meantime, I still have more interviews to go to.

Yesterday I also went to a job interview with another company. The interviewer, Japanese GM, was really nice and explained the job description quite clearly. The position is Sales support/interpreter/translator. To be honest I'm not a big fan (or you could replace that with "I hate it") of translating Japanese documents, especially about engineer/electronics stuff, but I heard it's a big company in Japan. There are about 50 Thai employees and 8 Japanese in the company, but can you believe that not a single Thai can speak Japanese!!! I don't want to imagine how awkward communication between Japanese and Thai employees would be. Don't say they communicate in English. Japanese are good at tons of things but English is not one of them.

I'm scheduled to have one more interview next week, and one more a week after. We'll see how it goes.

You know what, I didn't feel anything when I knew I got a job. My parents also didn't say anything while some of my friends and Neven really congratulated me. I was thinking why I wasn't excited at all, then it hit me that I've never grown up with compliments from parents, like I hardly receive one. Maybe that's why I never appreciate my own success. The same thing happened last month when I knew I graduated with first class honor. I wasn't happy or anything, in fact I was even having a "whatever" moment, and Neven had to ask me "what's the problem?" and he told me I should celebrate and appreciate my success!

To be honest, it was weird to hear my boyfriend, not my parents, say I'm smart and he's proud of me. He said my problem is I don't realize I am smart, and I think he's right.

3 comments:

FollowersTh said...

Congratulations! First class honor.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Natta!
Do you remember me?I'm Sae Nakano.
I'm studying hard in Mr.Namiki's cram for entrance examination in March^ω^;
I took an English test at school today.
Do your best without overdoing!

I want to see you again.

Natta said...

Hello, Sae-chan!!! Of course I remember you! I'm really glad that you wrote me! :-)

I'm really, really, really sorry that I left without saying goodbye :( My parents told me to leave Japan because of the earthquake in March. They were really worried. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone but I couldn't. I'm really sorry.

Good luck with studying and exam!!! But I'm sure you'll do well :) If you have any question, feel free to ask me! Who's your new English teacher now?

Please say hello to Kana-chan, Reiko-san, and Namiki-san for me! I always think of them, and you too!

I want to see you again too! You were such a nice girl and I had a lot of fun teaching you English :D

Here is my email address: b_butter139@hotmail.com You can write me anytime! If you want to ask anything about English, please ask and I'd love to help.

メッセージ長くなっちゃってごめんねwwさえちゃんのEメールとかなんか持ってないからぜんぜん連絡しなくてほんとにごめんね。でも書いてくれて本当にありがとう!!!すっごく嬉しいよーーー勉強がんばってね!みんなよろしくね~