I can't believe it's the last week of November already! Only a few more days until December, and only 2 week-ish before I start working, on the 15th to be exact.
This week has been really relaxing, with me finished with all the job interviews and now just waiting for the starting date. I went out for Sushi with some friends but it was quite disappointing. Don't think I'll go back to that restaurant again. Then I went out shopping with my mom and bought 2 new pairs of shoes. It's all good ;-) Had a lovely chat with Neven the other day. I love the way he laughs, so sincerely and naturally, and the way he makes me laugh. As a result, it made me miss him a lot this week :-/ Went out with a bunch of girls from uni whom I haven't met after I went to Japan because they are from different majors so we didn't get to hang out as much during our 3rd year. Everyone is working now and not many people seem to enjoy it. It turned out that Japanese major does get much higher salary than other majors. Others just receive about average normal undergrads rate, which is definitely too little in my opinion. I got asked about the salary (as expected ...) and they were oohing and aahing that it was so much better than theirs. But what I'll be receiving is not even the most for Japanese major, you know. Like I said, I'm not an interpreter, and normally interpreter position gets the highest pay in our major.
I've read a really good book this week. The Help made me cry when I reached the end. It was such a touching story. It also made me mad to read about discrimination like that, because we all are just the same, only our skin colors are different. I've just finished the book today and am going to see the movie tomorrow. Quite excited for it, but try not to get my hope up too much. Normally the book is better than the film adaptation, anyway.
My name was finally on the graduate list last week and from next week on I can go pick up my (last) transcript. Feel like the official ending somehow. After 3.5 years of effort and (lots of) worry, it comes down to a pretty piece of paper and a diploma added the word first class honor to be received in July. I know it is nice to be qualified or something like it, but from time to time I still think whether it was worth it. Of course I shouldn't be thinking that way because there's no point and what is done is done. In the end, all was well. (no intention to copy the last sentence in Harry Potter, by the way ...)
P.S. I love this song from The Smiths. Hence the post's title.
No comments:
Post a Comment