Monday, April 16, 2012

Songkran'12

I thought my Songkran would be really boring with me getting stuck in Bangkok (Zero traffic Bangkok though! Love this!), considering that I didn't have plan to go out/go to countryside/go overseas like most people, but things came up and I didn't get to stay home for the whole holiday. I had a date too. A few friends who knew about this kept asking me how it was, whether I could see the "potential", whether I felt anything special, whether there was a sign to be something more, or even how I "rated" this guy (seriously...), and I just...couldn't answer any of them. They were all overreacting! It wasn't that big of a deal in my opinion. All I've been saying is I feel quite neutral. It was ... nice I guess? Everything was quite natural, and it felt like I just went out with a new friend, probably because we're the same age too. Getting to know a person is cool anyway, but I also know it could take me quite some time to actually open up myself to someone. I don't even know if he sees it seriously, or just "hang out and have fun" thing. To be honest, stories from my friends make me scared of dating world these days. I'll just see how it'll be.

Oh, and he's Thai by the way. A friend even said congrats to the first Thai guy on a date for me. Very funny ... He's not a real "Thai" though because he left Thailand since he was like 9 and studied abroad till university. But this is probably better for me, I'm not sure I can get along well with the authentic Thai guys ...

What else ... Shortly before Songkran holiday I experienced an earthquake in Bangkok! It was soooo scary, probably because I was on 42nd floor. The majority of people didn't feel it at all. I think it was the strongest earthquake I've felt in my life so far. First I wasn't sure why the ground was shaking and thought it was because I'd faint because I worked too hard or something (ridiculous) but who would imagine an earthquake in Bangkok right!? My Japanese boss was really in control of the situation and told all of us to get down the stairs immediately. So we walked 42 floors down (and I really thought I'd die from this, not from the earthquake..) When we got down to the ground floor, we saw all Thai people were walking out of elevators and I just couldn't believe it. There was an earthquake and people were using elevators!? Like everyone!! Did they not know that you're not supposed to use elevators!?!? Guess Thai people have no instinct toward earthquake, or natural disasters in general, and don't know how to act when these things happen, because we've never been trained how to deal with it. Anyway, good thing that there was nothing too serious and there was no Tsunami in the south of Thailand.

Tomorrow is the last day of Songkran. Holiday seems to fly by in the blink of an eye! My friends and I plan to go to Khaosan just to chill tomorrow evening. It's been a while since I went there and I kinda miss it actually!

No comments: