Went to Central World to have lunch with Aoey after exam. Somehow we had a talk about girl/guy thing whether in the end guys really are smarter than girls. She told me a story that her mom usually plays Bridge and once joined the competition and was qualified to the second round of the top 9 players' teams. Her mom got some kinds of best player award for ladies' teams because others were ALL guys. I told Aoey that guys are usually better than girls for logic anyway so it's quite understandable. But she suggested another idea that why most of the great chefs are guys, while cooking is supposed to be a "girls' thing". Then it got me thinking that even though more girls playing piano than guys, almost all the great professional pianists are guys, not girls! Also, this can be illustrated quite fairly well by looking at my own faculty. We have around 300 people with 270 being girls, yet a person who managed to get the highest score is A GUY! It's ridiculous because it's commonly known that girls are supposed to have better skills for languages, yet I don't understand why all 270 of us cannot beat A SINGLE GUY.
This talk ended up with me telling Aoey that women might be a stupid specie after all. Aoey couldn't stop laughing at this comment of mine for some reasons (Well, she usually laughs about every freakin thing anyway).
After a quick lunch, we went to see a movie. My first movie in 3 months lol. Being a biggest fan of Adam Sandler, it is quite obvious that Aoey wanted to see You don't mess with the Zohan, but I strongly objected to her idea cuz I wasn't that much attracted to him. Sooo we ended up watching "Maid of honor" together. The theater is, as you might be able to expect, always so cold that I thought we were in the north pole (I don't understand why it always has to be THIS cold, and they have this save the world - STOP global warming campaign sign putting up in front of the entrance of the mall. Always find it funny and ironic at the same time). The movie can be a crappy romantic comedy for some (my dad for example. he once asked why I keep watching this crap), but it's very enjoyable for me. And Patrick Dempsey is just soooo worth it ;) I know he's friggin 42 years old, but his smile could just kill me lol.

Aoey drove me home safely (phew). The front page on the Post today's paper on our dinner table was about the most severe major financial crisis in stock market history. So far I've been hearing about US economy downhill so...take this Thailand, it could be the most appropriate time for us to step up and rule the world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment