Friday, September 26, 2008

I used up all my brain. Therefore, I couldn't think of a good title

Funnily enough, yesterday I wrote about materialism/capitalism on here a bit. And today I got to use this social theory writing up 2 full pages to analyze a short fiction in our final today. Like the teacher could read my mind.

Ok, now I'm going to ramble about this. After we finished our final, a group of us were kinda unsure where we were gonna go and what to do together. No one was really making any decisions, everyone was just chatting in front of our freakin' faculty like they all wanted to stay there together AND forever. We were waiting for what? for a decision that no one seemed to be making. And it bugged me. A lot. I was frustrated not knowing what to wait for and not knowing what to do. Seriously, no one suggested any ideas. Why didn't I tell them myself? Well, I wasn't close to all of them in that group and if I did suggest something, people would think I am bossy and, of course, fussy. What we should have done was just suggesting some ideas altogether, and it would have been perfectly fine. Not every single one of us kept saying "anything is fine with me", "wherever we go is fine with me", "whatever we do is fine with me". It was nice and very considerate for others but clearly we were NOT gonna move anywhere if no comments had been made. It was bugging me so much that I even told Aoey that I would go home if everyone was going to chat like this forever.

Later, I told what I was thinking to Aoey and she said I was fussy and pointed to me that I had to be more patient. Right. Honestly, I wasn't mad at her for saying it. I appreciate her honesty cuz I knew she wouldn't have said it if we hadn't been close friends. It just got me thinking why. Why would I get called fussy? Was I wrong for wanting a decision? I didn't want everyone to have it my own way, but I was called fussy. Should I have gone along with others by saying "up to you"? Should I have stayed calm and waited with them? It wasn't that big of a deal. But all I know is it annoyed me. And I don't get them for not making any decisions and totally fine with it.

Anyway, in the end there were only 3 of us and we had a good time. I managed to drag Aoey to sign up for meeting with Meg Cabot with me lol. I was so excited when I saw this sign in front of Asia books in Central world that Meg Cabot is coming to Bangkok at Asia books Paragon. I was like running in the store and getting my name signed up right away. Even now I couldn't believe it - Meg Cabot in Bangkok? An author in Bangkok? Are-you-kidding-me? Does she develop a fan base here? Somehow I couldn't picture an international author included Thailand in their world tour schedule cuz you know people here don't really like to read. Needless to say, I got excited already - ha ha.

P.S. I wrote Jane "Austin" in my final and couldn't forgive myself when a sense of realization hit me. Way too embarrassed.

And Meg Cabot seems to be talking about Jane Austen in her online diary at the moment. Hmmm coincidence?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

meg cabot is coming to bkk? wha...? when?

& don't worry, you're not the only one who gets irritated with that situation when ppl just won't. friggin'. decide.

i think it's that thai "mai pen rai" "yung ngai kor dai" attitude. it's bothers the hell out of me.