I need to write this out because I cannot take it anymore.
Every single day my English teacher has to talk about Thai politics in his class. Ok, it's fine if he's SO into politics, but his comments or maybe I should say criticism don't help anything and it causes only disruption among Thai people. He kept saying Thailand is all messed up, complaining about our public transportation, or pretty much complaining about every single thing in Thailand. Today he compared Thai politicians to a guy whom I can't remember the name that play a fiddle while watching his city burning. Most of my friends didn't really care, acted like they didn't hear whatever coming out of his mouth, and had no response to his comments while a few of us, me included, started to losing our nerves and getting pissed. Today a friend sitting next to me was whispering in my ear "here he goes again". I was cutting him in the middle of the sentence, in my very best attempt to stay polite, and asking "Were you a political science major?". He was a bit startled but finally said he was an "armchair" political science minor and just loved to discuss if someone would want to listen.
Well, we don't. You have lived here for only a year, and can't even speak or understand Thai yet, so how much do you know about Thailand? Everything you said had always been negative comments that were never profitable to Thai society. If you despise Thailand very much and think everything is fucked up, you can get your ass out of our country. Who said we need you here? You're NOT a Thai citizen, always feel free to leave. No one BEGS you to stay.
I'd better get back to work, which is a project from his class actually. We'll see what topic he'll come up for politics tomorrow. How exciting! I myself am 5 seconds away from asking him with a SMILE on my face "You know, I'm just wondering what keeps you here".
1 comment:
Tell him you find it offensive for him to keep blagging on about it - it's fine when parties agree to have a political discussion, but not to have one forced upon you daily :)
Post a Comment