Wednesday, September 23, 2009

October trip

It's (sort of) official.

I'm going back to Japan next month.

(unless the visa gets rejected because I (seriously) look like a drug addict in my passport photo. or something.)

It'll be just a short trip, though. Only 12 days. The main purpose is visiting people cuz I miss all of them A LOT and really wanna see them again. Our host families are nice enough to open their houses and let us stay with them again, which is the reason why my friend and I are able to go back in the first place since the accommodation, transportation, meals (actually everything) are ridiculously expensive in the land of rising sun.

Another exciting thing is my friend and I will go to Fukuoka, a city located in Kyushu, Japan southern island, for the very first time. Then we plan to ride a TEN HOUR night bus from there to Kyoto in the mainland. It'd take no more than 3 hours if we ride the bullet train, BUT (of course there's a but) it's gonna be much more EXPENSIVE (how surprising). Honestly, this night bus which costs about 10,500 yen (approx. 4,000 baht) is gonna be the most expensive bus ride in my entire life.

Until now my friend and I have never been to another parts but the mainland. We also plan to go to Universal Studio Japan in Osaka as well because we missed it last time - haha.

So now we start contacting people in Japan, letting them know we'll be back, and asking if there's anything they want from Thailand, etc. I think I'll get to see almost everyone, except this ONE person, the very important one.

This great friend of mine is leaving to Germany for an internship at the end of this month, ONLY 2 weeks before my friend and I go to Japan.

I was a little shocked when I found out about this information. I knew he'd leave to Germany but didn't know exactly when. It wouldn't be surprising at all if he had left 2 months ago or is leaving 2 months after this or something.

But why NOW? Right before we're going to Japan. What a bad timing!

It's sort of funny, isn't it? a funny "fate"? an awful "fate"?

As the Japanese saying goes "Ichigo, Ichie", yappari Ichigo Ichie damon! Zannendane. Sugoku aitai noni... Shou ga nai wa...

1 comment:

doctorbond said...

I'm getting used to you leaving the country for Japan each time I visit - had no idea that my aftershave was THAT bad ;)