Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anticipation is killing me.

I hate this part of uncertainty. I hate it because I know I'd better not get my hopes up, in case they'll all get crushed, and I will be crushed. Knowing all of that, I still hope for it anyway.

Which is why anticipation is killing me right now.

The Office of International Affairs at Chula said the official result would come out today, but it didn't. I shouldn't have expected much with them anyway because it's a fact that they SUCK. They always have, and I believe, always will. Many students have had issues dealing with them in the past. Too bad many of us have to deal with them, a bunch of mentally challenged people with no mannerisms in any given circumstances.

I've been dying to know the result. "Just get this over with", I thought. I don't care whether it'll be "yes" or "no" anymore, at least it's better than this kind of torturing uncertainty. If it's a yes, there will be preparations to do and some things to look forward to. If it's a no, then I'll possibly be (ugh, I don't wanna admit this) heartbroken, but eventually will move on and figure other plans to do with my life.

On a brighter note, Japan Embassy kindly granted the visa and I had my plane ticket delivered today. I can speak with confirmation now, after going through all the last minute preparation, that I'll be going to Japan next week, from October 8 to 19.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing 2 of my friends off at the airport. I truly wish both of them a great year in Japan, one in Tokyo and the other in Kyoto. It's a little funny that I'll get to see this one friend of mine again after her first 2 weeks in Kyoto. She was really excited when I told her the news. My friend and I even told her we can be her Kyoto guide tour and we're all looking forward to it :-)

No comments: