My first week of January was really hectic and tiring. After getting back from a short trip to Cha-am during New Year, which I didn't enjoy it too much because of the heat, I was buried myself under a big pile of assignments and tests given during New Year's break (Well, there's really nothing new about that). There was one Major (with the capital M) task, Nihonshi (Japanese history) presentation. I had to make summary and Kanji list handouts to the class and it was a real torture having to translate about Nara period, which was Japan in 710-794. There were times I felt almost hopeless that I wanted to break down and cry because I couldn't translate it. It sure wasn't easy with all the technical terms with administrative systems and cultural backgrounds back in the 8th Century. In JAPANESE, too.
But I did it. When I eventually finished the damn handouts, I felt sooo damn proud of myself. It was probably just another small assignment to others who are experts in Japanese, but it sure wasn't that way for me.
Just realized I have about 5 weeks left before finals. Soon enough, my Junior year will be all over. Before it's over, though, there are TONS of things go through. But I don't wanna think about it too much. Try to tell myself I gotta keep it going and everything's gonna be okay.
My family and I are planning a trip up north to Chiang Mai, Lampang, and oh-so-popular Pai for 6 days during Universiade week. This will be my 2nd time in Chiang Mai. The first time was about 11 or 12 years ago. I remembered I really liked the city, but somehow didn't get a chance to come back and re-visit. I'm not really sure I'll like Pai, though all the media hypes boldly advertising how beautiful and charming that tiny little town is. I just know I'm not a nature/mountain person. We'll see.
But the thing is, I'll get back on 28th around 5 or 6 PM according to the flight schedule. Just found out the other day that the Japanese major trip to Pattaya is on 28th-29th. And I just can't believe I'll be missing out on this. As far as I'm concerned, this is going to be the 1st trip ever for our major, and I really wanna hang out with friends, seniors, and others. It really sucks.
But life really is that way. It's all about choosing, isn't it? You just can't have everything you want.
2 comments:
You're right in everything, every details. We can't get everything that we want... Wish you can manage your time well and get everything better. Don't behave yourself like me! I felt like I wanna cry right now! I wanna scream as loud as I can! I wanna drunk or do sth stupid now! But I know myself that I will not do the stupid thing like that for sure.
You're right, we should keep going and also do our best. That's all I can do right now.
Miss you <3
I'm VERY surprised that I got a comment from you! You know what, none of my friends know I write this blog but YOU lol. I don't feel like advertising it either :P
Hang in there, my bestest! Soon enough it'll be all over. You'll graduate very, very soon! I can't believe it lol.
Hope your grad school preparation is going well naja :-)
Post a Comment