Bad things gone, some other bad things come.
Ah, such is life.
Anyway, I've had 5 finals this week. Will have 2 more next week, and then there's a portfolio to be turned in around the beginning of March. Then, my junior year of college will be over.
Another news is I was accepted by Nagoya university and will be going to Nagoya, Japan on April 5th. It looks like I'll also receive a monthly scholarship from JASSO. Nagoya university staff informed that my name is listed as a nominee for JASSO and unless there's an exceptional circumstance, JASSO policy is to accept the nominee from the university.
Hopefully, I'll get it. Though 80,000 yen (approximately 30,000 Baht) a month might not be considered a large amount of money for living in Japan, it's better to be at least partially financially helped from the organization.
Since I won't be able to intern during summer because I'm going to Japan, I decided to do something for a month I'll have here. So, yesterday I applied for this New Investor Program held by The Stock Exchange of Thailand during March 15-30. It's kind of a lecture combined with workshop/activities among college students about investment (obviously) and everything is totally free. 300 students will be accepted to the program, so we'll see if I'll be one of them.
I went to see the movie Valentine's day with friends yesterday and it was a great one! Many people said this movie is like superb, I didn't quite think it that way, but it was definitely very enjoyable. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing Dear John, a film adaptation from Nicholas Sparks' novel, next month, because I really love the book, plus it has Channing Tatum in it. Just couldn't be any better.
Somehow I'm not so excited like I thought I would be about going to Japan. If it was a year ago or 6 months ago, I'd be thrilled. There were times when I got really sick of Thailand, or my faculty in particular, that I just wanted to get away. I felt that I didn't really have a life. Every day was the same old routine repeated itself over and over. There wasn't any major problem or huge disappointment or failure or anything. The problem wasn't that. The problem was: I felt nothing. Every day was just another day to go through and I was trying to get it over with. And I was thinking, "Well, life in early 20s wasn't supposed to be this way."
But somehow I don't feel it that strongly right now. I think I'm ok with my life and don't really have the urge to run away from here, though I'm not surrounded with the different environment. I'm still here, same old place. But I don't feel as bad or miserable.
So it's not really about where you are, but it's about your attitudes after all.
I do think a year in Japan shall be another challenging experience, though. And I consider it as another great opportunity of mine.
This is really badly put. I just wrote about whatever popped up in my head...
Oh, for one more thing, I should learn how to cook!
2 comments:
Was quite well written actually, Natta. Interesting reading. And congratulations for the scholarship.
Thank you. I thought it would be no one's interest because the stories were all about me, me, me, and more me!
Post a Comment