Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today is a great day

Great long conversation and discussion over various things with another person are the cause.

Not so often I get to have a talk with the other person honestly and directly without being afraid of letting the other know who I truly am or whether the other going to judge me. It's even rarer when considered I've known this said person for merely 3-4 months.

And it's not because we hold many opinions alike. Many of ours are different, yet I still love to discuss it openly with him.

Today I found out a little more we have some common ground, though.

I really can't describe what I'm feeling right now. This is really awesome, and I feel incredibly carefree and happy that I can share lots of my personal thoughts with someone.

Probably because I'm a firm believer that communication is the key when it comes to all kinds of relationships. If you want to make it a good one, you have to talk. It's impossible for you to understand everything about the other while keeping your mouth shut.

A friend did ask today whether we had known each other before. Well, we did. But it sort of like we knew the other exists, and that was that. Nothing more. Then, she wondered how or why we got close in such a short time.

I don't know. It really remains a Mystery (with the capital M) to me.

So maybe it's because I've always been a conversation starter to anyone and he reciprocated. But I didn't have a power to foresee we could get along well, did I? Perhaps the mysterious part made feel it's been truly amazing. I just feel that we...connect.

Lately I've discovered this feeling of amazement from other human being. This one person I met in Japan has already been sort of my inspiration, but he didn't know or probably didn't care to know much about my real character. So, it's different. This is as if I've discovered another great friend who I wish to keep and rely on (which is a really scary thought because it's been such a short time. Let's say I've had a huge lesson once when I misplaced my trust).

I'm not sure whether this is gonna be best-friend-forever kind of thing, though. I'm leaving to Japan soon (that is, if I get the letter of acceptance from Nagoya university, which I'm STILL waiting). It's really easy for this to fade away, so I'm not going to expect anything. Who knows what future brings, right?

I'll just settle for the fact that I feel thankful and blessed that I've met a great person like him. It may be simple for some, but, once again, I'm really amazed.

No comments: