Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm lost

Sick. Again. Well, it's been like 6 months since last time I got sick though. That time was a lot more horrible, but I still feel pretty tired with no energy even though I slept like 10 hours last night plus 2 hour nap this afternoon.

Yesterday was the worst! I was supposed to have classes from 9AM-7PM, but I decided to skip morning class.  Then I went to university at 1 and had this bad headache combined with sore throat that wouldn't go away until we finished classes around 6.30. The rain started to pour down when I got to the BTS sky train station, so I thought I was a little lucky that I didn't have to walk in the rain. The train was really, really crowded. My friend and I were the last ones to step inside and first we thought the door wouldn't be able to close, that's how crowded it was. Similar to Tokyo, I suppose. When I got off the station, I needed to catch a bus back home as usual, but I couldn't because of crazy thunderstorm outside. So I got stuck and had to wait, wait, and wait, when all I wanted to do was just get home and crawl into bed...

Anyway, I felt a bit better today, even though I still have headache and feel pretty tired. One thing that makes me pretty sad is I'm supposed to meet up with some of my high school friends today (I guess they are Karaoke-ing right now...) and later go to Nomikai with my Japanese class and our teacher tonight, but I don't think I'll be able to make it today. How disappointing...

One more disappointing thing recently, is that I can't apply for a 6 month internship in Japan because I'll be graduating soon but they are looking for only students. The internship is for Bosch company and they are looking for foreign students to do intern so the main languages during the program would be both English and Japanese. The company will provide free company-owned apartment, free lunches, train ride fares from apartment to the company, plus 110,000-120,000 monthly salary. I think it's a pretty good deal. It was quite frustrating that I couldn't even apply for this. I just wanted to try, but I couldn't even try...

Lately I've been thinking too much about future again. I'm graduating at the end of next month but still have no clue what I want to do. I'm starting to freak out. Not to mention stressed out. Like I said, the jobs keep coming for Japanese major graduates, at least I can see from our Sempai's postings in our Japanese major group that a lot of companies are looking for interpreters. In fact, I've even heard that there are not enough Thai-Japanese interpreters available at the moment. So I don't worry that I won't have jobs to do after graduation. If I'm not too picky, there should be something.

But I worry that I don't even know what I want to do, or what I would enjoy doing, and it's kind of depressing. I don't even know what exactly I want to be.

I should stop thinking, at least for now. It makes my headache get worse...

No comments: