Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I didn't think I'd be this sick! Yesterday I went to campus to take final and then came back and just slept, slept and slept. This morning I got up at around 7.30, showered, and felt as if I had no energy left. It felt as if I had to put such a great effort into taking a shower. So I decided to walk to the hospital. I feel really grateful that the hospital is right next to my dorm.
I had to wait for HOURS for the doctor. There were tons of people even though it was 8 in the morning. I don't think I've ever had to wait in the hospital that long in my entire life. At one point I went to ask the reception how long I had to wait until my queue because I felt really horrible. The nurse was like 「みんなは同じですね」(Everyone feels the same). Great, this is just great. You have no idea how much I miss going to the private hospitals in Thailand...
When I finally got to see the doctor, he looks really young as if he's not a real doctor but more like a medical student. Awesome, this is exactly what I need! He didn't seem to know what shit he was supposed to be doing. In the end he just gave me some medicine for the cold. I'm looking at it now, it really looks like crap. It's not even a pill, but it's some sort of white powdery stuff. What the hell? Seriously, is this reliable? Will this crap be able to cure me? I really doubt it.
So I came back and slept, slept, and slept. At one point my phone was ringing but I didn't have energy to go pick it up. I checked my voicemail afterwards and it turned out to be my American friend calling from Vermont because he saw I'm sick on my facebook status, so he thought he'd give a call to see how I'm feeling. Wow, that was a really unexpected one.
And then I got another call again from NUPACE office. We were supposed to have a debate in conversation class today as a part of our final but I didn't show up and the teacher were waiting for me. So I had to explain the whole thing that I don't think I would be able to go to campus today and blah. WHY do I have to be horribly sick during finals!? T_T
I still don't know what's wrong with me. I have this really bad headache with a little dizziness and feel really tired as if I have no energy left. I cough and have a little runny nose but it wasn't that bad. The worst part is the headache and tiredness. The doctor said if I had the influenza, I would have a really high fever. But we checked this morning and I didn't have a fever. I feel really horrible though. I've been alternatively sweating and feeling cold at the same time.
I hope I'll be able to go to school tomorrow. Might not be able to go work though. ARRGGGHHH this is really, really frustrating. What a bad timing to get sick.
Sorry, this post is really pointless. I just needed to find something to do. I've been sleeping all day long today and don't feel like I want to sleep now. This small room starts to feel really claustrophobic too. I don't feel like going for a walk outside though, it's too cold to do that and I don't really have energy to do so. Would make my sickness even worse, I think.
Oooohhh, just got an email from my Japanese friend. She said "If you feel lonely, call me or mail me anytime...24 hours" Also just before that, my other Japanese friend called and asked if I want to eat anything, he'd go buy it for me. I don't feel like eating anything though. I've lost all of my appetite, but I should force myself to eat something, right?
They are really nice.
To be honest, that one point in the hospital today I was like closing my eyes, pretending to sleep, but in fact I was crying. I just felt really sick and it was really horrible.
I wish I'd be better soon. I need to get going and do my stuff, especially it's finals week. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH :(
1 comment:
it's horrible to feel sick any time, but especially during your finals, it must be awful for you. i hope you feel better soon x
Post a Comment