It's been FOREVER since I last wrote in here and now I just don't know where to start. I can't believe I've been working for about a month and a half now. It's been amazing and I love it so far!! I've been invited to many hotel parties/breakfasts/lunches/dinners, or on special occasion last Thursday, Chao Praya river dinner cruise, and it's all for free, so that's kinda cool. It's like I've got to see Bangkok from a different perspective and a bit different lifestyle. Still need to learn so many things when dealing with clients on business, though.
One thing that nags me since I started working is sexist comments received from coworkers and clients. They all didn't take it seriously and said it as a joke ... but I don't find it funny at all. Once my coworker, a thirtysomething FEMALE, said "just wear a miniskirt to sales director and it should make the negotiation easier" and she kinda laughed. Mini skirt, seriously!? So when you are a new graduate woman in mid 20s, this is what you get? No one expects you to be anything but young and pretty and brainless. This kind of attitude makes me feel mad. The worst and saddest part is not only just men, but also women accept it!
Enough rant. I have a few pictures from parties and dinner cruise to share during the weeks.








No comments:
Post a Comment