I would have been so pissed when I got a call one night at 5.30. Five. Thirty. AM. On one weekday night.
Except I couldn't. How could you when a person called and the first sentence he said was "Natta, I love you"
I was extremely sleepy and confused as hell. So my first sentence, after a long silence, was "Um, are you drunk?" He admittedly said yes. Then he kept talking and talking about how he was so glad he met me, how he wish we could've met earlier, how I'm the only one in Bangkok that makes him feel like home, how he trusts me. And said he misses me and loves me (again..)
Then he added I should be his special girl.
Whoa. Too much to take in at 5.30AM. Talk about awkwardness. I was doing a really bad job responding to it too. I felt (sleepily, vaguely) flattered but really didn't know what to say and I kept stuttering. It's awkward when you don't feel the same and saying "Thank you" feels so wrong somehow.
The following morning he even Lined me another "I love you" message but I just said his hangover was much worse than I thought and tried to laugh it off. Later on it turned out that he didn't remember anything he said, which is fine for me. Whether it's true or not I don't know, but it made things less awkward. It was just a drunk call. No big deal, right?
We've been hanging out for the past few weeks. In the beginning I guess he liked me, but then after a while he started calling me his dear friend, his sweet friend, so I thought maybe he doesn't anymore. But then this call happened. When you're drunk, the truth seems to spill out easier, doesn't it? It doesn't matter though, because now he goes back to saying how much he appreciates our friendship. And that's fine.
But you know what? He's leaving Thailand soon anyway. Now he's having interview for a job in Stockholm, and as soon as he gets the job, he's going back to Sweden. Probably as soon as next month. He'll have to fly back here for his master thesis, but other than that I don't know if he considers coming back to live here. So I guess it's time to say goodbye soon and now feel like we meet just to part!
Work this week hasn't been good, people-wise. There were some "politics" in our small office and some lack of basic social etiquette and proper manners. It made me feel so pissed but I told myself to be patient and tried so hard to feel "pathetic" for some people instead. It's incredible how some people can be so immature acting like they are 10 year old kids even though their age is considered an adult. Clearly some people's mentality hasn't been developed right according to their age. Also, it's amazing how some can be so nosy and feel the need to butt in your work territory and responsibility even though it's none of their business. I must admit this is the kind of person I can't tolerate and I look down on them. But what other choice do I have but to suck it up? There are other things to think about at work than silly people who are not worth it, so I'm trying to channel my thought to other more important things. I couldn't achieve my sales target last month, in fact the percentage was really horrible that now I start to worry about this month's target. I've checked the figures and it looks like this month will be tough as well. Gotta come up with something to increase the sales volume. It's ok if I don't achieve again but don't want to get stuck at this awful percentage and figure like this.
When I told my friends about situation at work, one of them said if it was her she'd just quit. Wow. That easily. My friend said if I think this job has no future, it makes no difference whether to quit now or later anyway. I don't plan to though. It's not that I hate my job and as I've said so many times I think it's good for me for the time being. To me it feels wrong to just quit after you work for about 6 months!
I've been eating out almost every day and drinking for 3 days in a row this week. By drinking I mean only a few beers and cocktails but still it's very unusual if you know me. It was all good times though; chilling with friends, getting to talk and laugh after long days, and unwinding after work. Personally love a place called "Clouds" on Seenspace Thonglor Soi 13. The pizza there was amazing and Strawberry martini was delicious. Nice atmosphere but the only bad part was the music. They kept playing horrible pop songs (Justin Bieber, seriously?) and some hip-hop which frankly is not my thing. Next time I wanna go to a Jazz bar around Thonglor area that I just discovered, but don't know if I can find friends to go with. Not many friends of mine are big fans of Jazz.
At least I'm glad this week I don't feel restless like last week. That was awful! If it wasn't because of stupid stuff at work, this week would have been perfect! But you can't have everything in life, right? So that's ok. Besides, yesterday I had the most relaxing and amazing head and shoulder massage ever. Good massage makes up for everything :)
No comments:
Post a Comment