Felt dead tired on last Thursday and Friday. My friend had a birthday party on Thursday night and first I thought I'd get to go back home a bit early since I was so tired even before the party started. We had dinner at some antique hotel called The Eugenia which the food was delicious but it took SO long for dinner to serve, and the portion was really small and it didn't fill me up at all. And it was SO EXPENSIVE, the most expensive I've ever paid for dinner so far, about 1400Baht or 50$. Fifty bucks. No jokes. I'm living in Thailand you guys, this is too overrated for my standard of dinner and cocktail and champagne. Anyway, we started eating around 8 but by almost 11 we were still eating chocolate fudge&cake. Came back home around 11:30, got ready to go to bed, but then around midnight my friend who was going back to Sweden called to say goodbye just before he went on board, so I went to bed much later than usual. Then on Friday night I had another super duper boring grand opening hotel party to go to. Tried to get away from there as soon as I could but the earliest I managed was around 9pm. I had never felt so happy when I got home, took a shower, and started reading Mockingjay.
I think work has worn me out. Always feel tired at the end of the work week. Staying at office until 7ish PM almost every day surely is not a good idea, and could you believe that I'm always the earliest to leave!? Some others stay until 8ish PM! I wonder what they are doing. Is there that much work to do? They don't know how to work fast? Or because they keep slacking off in the afternoon and stay late so that it looks like they work a lot? (yep, that mentality is quite common here in Thailand) I'm also getting tired of hearing complaints in a workplace too. Some colleagues said they didn't get a raise and they wanted to quit. But personally, I think they just talk and complain like they always do but don't think they will really quit for a number of reasons. Other colleagues asked if I'm planning to quit (What?). Some of them were talking about salary, how we don't get overtime paid, we don't get bonus, then started comparing with other companies and so on. All of them don't seem to be happy with anything.
Complaining, complaining, and more complaining. If you are that unhappy, why don't you just quit? Complaining would never help make anything better. I'm trying hard to shut myself out because I don't want to hear it. I've made a decision and want to stick to my decision and don't want to be influenced from others. I don't want to hear opinions from people who don't matter in my life, not to mention that these are not even constructive opinions, they are just useless and nonsense complaints! It's really annoying to say the least. And I'm so afraid if I keep hearing this kind of thing too often, I'll turn out to be like one of them. I work with them every day so it's easy to be influenced, isn't it? Though you don't want to be, there's a possibility that subconsciously you can absorb things from people around you. Let's say I wish I weren't surrounded by people like them. Definitely unhealthy for my mental health.
It's not all that bad, of course. Probably because I have other things to aim and to look forward to now. I'm freaking out at other things like monthly rent in Copenhagen, or long dark winter in Scandinavia (Come on, I'm from the sunshine country, winter in Scandinavia sounds too depressing to live!). It's really pointless to worry about those kind of miscellaneous things and I keep telling myself not to, but sometimes I can't help it. Still wondering if I really want to go to Scandinavia because if I do, it's going to be another big step of my life.
Instead what I should only be thinking and preparing is IELTS and motivational essays. The rest can wait.
Had fun shopping with my mom yesterday. Got a lot of cool stuff which made me happy :) Felt like it's been a while since I was hanging out with her though we live in the same house. The more I grow up, the more I feel we are growing apart. A couple of years ago she was my best friend, but now I don't really feel she is anymore. It's a bit sad and strange, but I can't help how it's changed. Mostly how I've changed I guess.
Going to Thailand Stock Exchange after work tomorrow to attend a Wharton school seminar about their MBA program. Originally I didn't really plan to go as I'm pretty sure I'm not going to study MBA, but got dragged along by one of my good friends and my brother who both study in business field and graduated from the same university. Then, on Tuesday one of my clients is going to throw a surprise birthday party to his colleague who I'm also in contact with through work. He asked me to help him lie to his colleague on the surprise party plan which of course I said yes, and now I got invited to the party as well. But I'm not sure if I'll go because it could be awkward with random hotel staff I don't know coming, so we'll see. Then on Friday we are going out to some bar, probably at The Alchemist on Sukhumvit11, before one of my friends leaves to Texas next week. There's another hotel party to go to this Friday, and I'm so glad I'll get to escape from it. Going to too many hotel parties makes me want to puke.
Looks like there will be another busy week for me. Somehow it always is since I started working, and I'm really not sure why!
No comments:
Post a Comment