I have a dream and my dream is to have a 7-eleven. If I could do it now I would but my dream is still to far away. I have a little bit of money in my bank account but i have to work more. Anyways i will not give up.
My mom needs a new house because the old one is falling apart.
Now i have to choose between my dream and a new house for my mom. It's not a hard choice because I'm Thai.
(I love my mom!)
I can't help it, but the last sentence COMPLETELY ticked me off.
It's not a hard choice because you are THAI?
What in God's name are you talking about?
It's not a hard choice because you are Thai?
Sorry I have to repeat this sentence. In fact, I wish I could repeat it 50 more times - it keeps ringing in my head.
I can't pinpoint exactly why it made me furious.
Girl, I'm also a Thai girl but I don't possess the same kind of your opinion. Please DON'T apply your logic to me.
I'm just wondering...would I turn Argentinean if I choose my dream over buying house for mom?
I feel sick. I think I need to go lie down.
What in God's name are you talking about?
It's not a hard choice because you are Thai?
Sorry I have to repeat this sentence. In fact, I wish I could repeat it 50 more times - it keeps ringing in my head.
I can't pinpoint exactly why it made me furious.
Girl, I'm also a Thai girl but I don't possess the same kind of your opinion. Please DON'T apply your logic to me.
I'm just wondering...would I turn Argentinean if I choose my dream over buying house for mom?
I feel sick. I think I need to go lie down.
6 comments:
gah, agree agree agree AGREE.
it makes me sick just looking at the words.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Yeah, I can't stand the words. At. All.
I came across this too when a guy asked me to link to it because it is his friend's blog.
It looks suspicious to me and I think it is a foreigner writing a controversial blog on sex in Thailand to generate traffic and ad revenue. I very much doubt it is written by an escort girl - esp as she says she speaks very little English yet writing a blog in English would require a good knowledge of the language. (Plus there are some absurd cliches as you have highlighted)
What do you think Natta?
Hmm...I really don't know. I'm pretty sure she doesn't write it herself but maybe the girl told her foreign "friend" in Thai and he translated it to English, or it can be all made up story as you said.
I didn't really look at her site and didn't read anything at all. To tell you the truth, I couldn't bring myself to read anything else after I stumbled upon that paragraph.
I guess this is just an example of the vast differences in the Thai society. I know many girls from Bkk that would agree with you but I also know many girls from poor families that would totally agree with her. I guess it depends on what family you are born into and if you have access to education or not.
I've read most of what she writes and I think it's genuine. There is too little sex to be a Farang trying to make money. ;-P
I doubt that blog is authentic. If she really wanted to share with the world her experiences as a sex worker, I doubt there was a need to put up Amazon.com books affiliate program, Google Adsense advertisements or a promotional section for books about Thai prostitutes. This is purely a search engine trap. Trust me, the keyword "thai wh*ore" is one of the most common search terms, some of them even led to my blog and last time I checked I wasn't working in Nana.
Love your blog by the way.
Post a Comment