Friday, October 2, 2009

I got something

It's posted on the website that the official result will come out on October, 5th. Somehow "The end of September" could turn to "October 5th." I just don't understand why they couldn't make it in time. They could tell us from the beginning that the result will come out on October 5th and no one would complain a thing. Why told us "the end of September" (They used this exact word, not even bother to note the specific date) and then postponed it?

Anyway, I called and asked if there will be preparations to do after the result comes out in case I get the scholarship because I won't be in Thailand to sort things out till October 19. After all, I'm NOT even sure anymore that they'll really post the result on October 5.

Surprisingly, the staff was really polite, informative, and helpful *BIG GASP* (this should be written in Guinness world records!) She said I got it, though she wouldn't tell me the name of the university and only hinted that I got one of the 3 universities I chose.

So it'll be one of these; Nagoya university in Nagoya, Rikkyo university in Tokyo, or Ryukoku university in Kyoto.

I sense it'll be the first or second, though. Don't know why. I guess we'll see.

Last night I went to see friends off. But I think we ended up looking like a bunch of high school kids having field trip at the airport, like this.


Both Miss Kirati and Jarupa didn't cry. Well, I didn't expect the former would cry since she's been going abroad so often that she should be used to it by now, plus she used to be an exchange student in Tokyo in high school before (I always tease her that Tokyo is her second home, while she often arguably replies me back that she'd rather make it London). But the latter surprised me. I thought she would burst into tears and stuff, but she didn't.

I've always liked the airport. It's a place filled with indescribable feelings; seeing the loved ones going away, happily welcoming them back in life, getting excited to start new journeys, etc.

I prefer Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi, though. Don Muang is homey while Suvarnabhumi is hollow and empty. And don't get me started on the toilet issue.

No comments: