I got up, did laundry, and cleaned my room. Then I just had this sudden urge of writing on my blog. Quite strange, I'd think.
Hmm...Maybe I can start by writing about what I plan to do during 2 month summer vacation here.
Aug 15th - going to see friend off at the airport
Aug 16-18th - going to Kyoto to see this "Daimonji" during Obon festival and of course seeing my host families and friends too!
Aug 19th - going to Kamikochi "Japan Apls National Park Resort" in Nagano prefecture
Aug 20 something - Thai friends are coming to visit me in Nagoya
Aug 24th - going to see friend off at the airport
Sep 1-8th Korea
Sep 13th - My birthday! (no plans yet)
And I'm sure there'll be many nights going out having dinner or just hanging out in general with people who are leaving for the last time. Everyone is leaving except like 5 of us :(
Now I'm a little worried about my financial situation. Since I'll be traveling around, hopefully I'll be able to manage everything fine. I do plan to shop in Korea because everyone said it's so much cheaper than Japan (well anywhere else in the world would be much cheaper than here actually!), so I'd better not spend too much on other trips.
I'm also thinking that I'd love to volunteer and help going to pick up new students at the airport when they arrive around the end of September. There will be about 60-70 students coming, and I've heard "Help desk" (a club that supports foreign students in Nagoya University) doesn't have enough people to do that. That's why I want to help them out.
It's crazy though! I still remembered exactly when I myself got picked up at the airport. I felt so lost and confused and awkward on my first day in Nagoya. Actually the reason I wanna help picking students up because I'd love to see the same puzzled where-the-fuck-on-earth-am-I expressions on them :P
I've been listening to same songs over and over again these past few days for no particular reasons. Have to thank Miss Chariya for introducing me to the song "Kill" by Jimmy Eat World. I totally fell in love with this song and couldn't stop listening to it! I keep listening to some of John Mayer's and "Yellow" and "The Scientist" by Coldplay over and over again too.
Particularly this line from The Scientist
"Nobody said it was easy
but no one ever said it would be this hard."
That, just killed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment