Saturday, February 12, 2011

Into the town

It was such a bright, lovely day this morning, but after I finished skyping with my mom and walked out of dorm at around 2 PM, the sky looked cloudy and it started to drizzle. This is so uncool.

I went to Sakae, Nagoya downtown, today, to do this.


Yes, they are the Pound sterling banknotes. I went to exchange money today after having considered what to do with exchanging money quite a while. Exchanging foreign money in Japan is really expensive, so I've decided to not exchange all money I'll bring. I only exchanged 20,000 yen and I've got 140 pounds in return. Not really a good rate, but what can you do? I was a bit surprised that I've got the 50 pound banknote instead of the 100 one, only when I came back home and discovered that there is no 100 pound banknote! Didn't know that before. The 50 pound banknote looks really huge, especially when compared with the tiny 10,000 yen one.

After I exchanged some money, I walked to Loft because I wanted to buy a present for my friend. The huge 6 storey Loft was packed as usual and everywhere was filled with Valentine's stuff! You name it, chocolate, chocolate and sweets ingredients, heart-shaped gift boxes, Valentine's day cards, every floor has turned into red and pink with many hearts! I literally spent 2 hours in the shop but couldn't find anything interesting that I wanted to buy for my friend. This is for my friend that I'll go visit in England, so I really want to buy something nice, but am disappointed and a bit frustrated that I couldn't find anything!

After a failed attempt at Loft, I walked to Uniqlo nearby. This is definitely one of my favorite places to shop in Japan because it's cheap. And guess what? I was in there for about half an hour and got a skirt and a pair of shoes! Ugh, I really hate myself. But my offense is a skirt and a pair of shoes are 500 yen each (about 190 Baht). You can't really just walk pass an incredibly good deal like that, can you? I know I couldn't, because I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I hadn't bought those!

I've been trying to find some music to listen to on Last Fm. So far I haven't found anything I like today which kinda sucks. Would be great if anyone could recommend some music for me.

Favorite tracks of the day: Your ex-lover is dead by Stars and Love, love love by Tristan Prettyman

3 comments:

Tess Atkinson said...

I'm british and I've never even had a £50 note haha! x

Natta said...

That's really funny! Two of my English friends also said the same thing lol.

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as a 100 Pound banknote. Indeed 50's are rare.