Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What is worse than being sick?

It's being sick during finals week! :'( Arrggggh, this is not fun when I have shitload of stuff to do/study. I went to bed around half past midnight and set an alarm at 9ish AM this morning with the full intention to review some of my listening materials before final. I ended up getting up at 10.30 and still feel like I want to sleep more :(

I'm eating hot soup now. My Thai friend brought it with her when she came to Japan and she left some of them with me. It's really delicious! I'll have to go buy more at supermarket after exam today. Soup would be the best food for me at the moment.

Oh well, the positive thing is I don't need to get up early, except on Friday when I have to go to work. So I can sleep in a bit. Need to go to bed early too. Gotta rest up for this cold to go away ASAP, preferably before going to England!

I managed to finish JASSO report yesterday, so that was good. I've received 80,000 yen (approximately 30,000 Baht) travel expenses plus 80,000 yen monthly scholarship from JASSO organization during my exchange year in Japan this year, and as a part of JASSO scholarship recipients, each of us is required to submit study reports before returning to our home countries. It's really short! Only 800-1,000 characters or about a page in Japanese. Seriously after I've finished that evil 3,000 character report, this is nothing.

I feel really grateful for JASSO this year. Without this amount of money, I wouldn't be able to travel this freely in Japan like I did! I know that 80,000 yen monthly living expenses in a crazily expensive country like Japan is not a lot. I'm lucky that my dorm's rent is ridiculously cheap though, only 13,000 yen a month! Japan is really generous towards international students, but from what I've heard this is not a case for Japanese students to go study abroad, because there are not many scholarships offered for them. What a shame...

*cough* I think I should get ready and get changed to go to campus *cough* Gosh, I really hate this drowsiness that comes with the cold. I'm thinking about throwing some sweatshirt and jeans and possibly no make-up today, no motivation to look pretty anymore!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

i have been sick too lately!!! being sick is just the worst!
feel better!!!! xxx

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com