Friday, February 4, 2011

One good thing about being horribly sick this time...

It made me realize who my true friends are and who really care about me, and to me, that means a lot. I am and will always be forever grateful for that.

Today two Japanese friends came over to my dorm and brought lots of food, drinks, fruits, etc. for me. I was like speechless. I didn't expect them to come, I didn't ask anyone to do anything for me when I'm sick, but somehow they came. I asked them how much and tried to pay them back, but they wouldn't accept it.

Sometimes people are way too nice. I'm totally lost for words.

I managed to walk to campus today and take finals. It was crap because I haven't studied anything but I didn't give a shit. At least I got it over with. I was really pissed with this Kanji teacher though. I finished the test, turned my paper in, told the teacher politely that I'm sorry but I'd like to go early because I'm really sick, and got ready to leave. And she was like "Wait, actually I'd like you to do this exercise first..." Seriously? Are you fucking kidding me!? Anyone with a brain who saw my ghastly face today knew that something was wrong with me today, and this friggin teacher wanted me to stay to do this damn stupid exercise! Gosh, wish I could tell her to fuck off. But I was too sick and too tired to deal with any more shit, so I just said I needed to leave because I felt really horrible.

What a shame. I've always thought she's a smart one. Oh well, maybe she's not quite right in the head.

Then I tried to tell myself not to give a shit because it'll make my headache go worse. I just needed to breathe and calm down. The most important thing for me now is to feel better and to be in a better condition soon. So I came back to my dorm and took a nap.

And then, like I mentioned above, friends came over.

You know what, I was just thinking that I should consider myself a lucky person. I didn't expect other people to do anything for me, but sometimes they are willing themselves to help me out without me asking them to. It really is nice.

Some certain friend really disappointed me though. Some friend who I thought we were good friends, but didn't even give a shit about me and didn't even ask how I felt when we met on campus today. I'm trying to ignore it, but you know what, I'm not going to lie that it really hurts. Oh, and there are some ignorant people in my program too when I ran into while walking to the hospital the other day. I said I don't feel good and I'm going to the hospital. That person was like "Oh, that one right next to the dorm? How convenient."

Yes, I'm not kidding. That was exactly the response I got. Some people were born heartless, I guess.

It's okay though. There are some really nice people, and there are some fucked up ones. It's totally normal.

So it seems like I've learned something when I'm sick this time. Cool.

No comments: