Friday, December 9, 2011

Pre-working week wrap up

My final week of freedom. It sounds sad when I put it like that, don't you think? This year has been pretty relaxing for me. I had school for only 6 months this year and the rest was my break. I think it's unlikely to have another relaxing year like this one in the future. Well, it's not real relaxing, though. I've done a lot of thinking, probably the most so far, during the year. 

Anyway, I have been chilling this week, going out quite a bit, and ... shopping. When I cleaned up my room again a few days ago for several hours, I thew away a lot of junk, BUT I also found a real treasure: 14,000 Baht ($500!!) in cash!!! Woohoo, it was the money I received during Chinese new year's from relatives and I had NO idea I kept it somewhere deep in my drawer after all those years! Honestly, I almost fainted when I saw it and really wanted to scream! Was so glad I didn't just throw it away without opening those red, old envelopes first! So this extra money explained why I've been shopping quite a bit! (Too many exclamation marks can tell how excited I was..) I got to buy a nice shirt from Gap that I had tried it on and liked it, but they didn't have my size in Siam Paragon branch, so I went to another place and literally snatched it from the rack when I found XS size. Could you believe I wear extra small size!? Only with American brand, I suppose. 

Oh, I had JLPT, Japanese test on Sunday and it was horrible. I really didn't want to do the test and couldn't even bother reading, not to mention I haven't been studying at all. So I'm pretty sure I won't pass ..

I went for a health check-up on Tuesday, where the hospital put the needle in your arm and take your blood and chest X-ray and everything. I was really scared about the needle and blood part, but to be honest it didn't hurt at all ... Had to do it because the company required the health check-up result before I start working. It was really funny that they wanted the result in Japanese and told me to go to the hospital that has the Japanese health check-up form and translators. As a result, they told me to go to Bumrungrad International hospital, one of the most expensive hospitals in Thailand. Well, whatever is fine with me because the company will pay! It's a private hospital where all the nurses and stuff are superb and extremely polite with excellent service mind. Most patients are foreigners, and I felt like I was the "foreigner" when I went to this hospital because I heard all different languages around me everywhere, all but Thai! After I finished the health check-up process, the hospital provided the patients free breakfast; cereals, fruit, bread, juice, coffee, hot cocoa, yogurt etc. Sounds like a hotel instead of a hospital, doesn't it? Well of course, everything is already included in their pricey health check-up package. My mother told me Bumrungrad is aimed to be number one hospital in South East Asia. No surprise there ... 

What else? I was out with some of my friends and they treated me Mexican food dinner because I've got the job (then told me I'll have to treat them back when I have my first salary. Ouch). I ate some yummy Sushi, which is always a good way to cheer me up. My friends and I plan to go to an island this weekend :) It's pretty near Bangkok so I think it'll be perfect for a one day beach getaway trip. I haven't been to the beach in years, though there are lots of them in Thailand and a few near Bangkok. You kinda take it for granted because you've got the impression that you can go whenever you want during anytime of the year, so you never get around to actually going. 

Going to the gym with my friend this afternoon. Feel bad I mentioned about it since last week but I procrastinated (AKA.caught up in shopping and eating Sushi ...) until today.

Just signed my work contract the other day, all in Japanese. The recruitment company even told me they've never seen a contract in Japanese like this one before, though with Japanese companies, most of them translate it to either English or Thai. I'm starting to get nervous for my first working day. I hope I'll be ok! I know I will ... somehow. 

It's been a good week so far and I'm feeling pretty 元気!You don't see me write a lot of happy things in my blog post like this very often, do you ... 

No comments: