I usually don't do "my life review in one year" but this year has been quite a big change for me, so I think it deserves to have its own summarized post. And it's because I have free time to write. I've noticed I don't write much when I'm busy "living life", like a whole year in Japan made my blog posts become sporadic. Writing is something I like to do, but I'm not sure if it's something I really like, because I often write when I'm bored.
Anyway, here are some bits and pieces from 2011. Some random moments that I remember. It'll probably be too long and not important for anyone but me, so feel free to skip.
January
Spent my New Year's in Kyoto with 2 of my Thai friends who came to visit. Great way to start a year. Bought a new favorite cozy scarf in Kyoto.
Got excited with snow day in Nagoya and went outside all happy like a little kid though it was freezing.
Loved the crisp winter air in Nagoya. The walk from dorm to school on sunny winter days = my simple happiness.
Started to hang out with Neven more, as a friend, after we had been texting each other a lot during winter holiday. All in Japanese. What a weird beginning ... Late night walk with Neven with lots of conversations made me think he hardly knows me at all, though we've been friends for a couple of months.
February
Really, really sick and skipped some finals. But it made me discover how nice my friends were. School was over and my 4 month Spring and Summer vacation began.
ENGLAND TRIP! Was too excited for this. England was really grey in February, but I was really glad I got to see some of my awesome friends that I met in Japan again. Markets in London. Beautiful Big Ben. Awesome English tea and scones. Will never forget a walk along Thames river in the evening.
March
Last month in Japan. Tokyo trip with Saho, my lovely Japanese friend. Wanted to go to Disney Sea but it snowed. Many hours spent at Uniqlo with Saho and Kei. Lots of goodbyes. Chilling at Starbucks in university on one cold Spring day with Neven. Had to return home a week early because of the earthquake. Neven hugged me in the elevator after coming back from our walk saying he'll miss me, as a really good friend. My last meal at Misty, my favorite Indian restaurant in Nagoya. Too emotional about leaving Japan. Group pictures in the dorm lobby on my last night in Nagoya.
The unexpected kisses combined with the word bad timing right after it happened, just 2 days before I left Japan. Wasn't sure about what was going on anymore because the whole thing was too ridiculous to be true.Walked to the security gate holding hands with Neven to catch my early morning flight. Hugged and whispered we'd see each other again in just a few days.
Returned home and felt really sad and wanted to go back to Japan. Had to get adjusted living at home again. A message from Neven saying he almost expected to see me back at the dorm in Nagoya and he wish he could just give me a call like he used to. A few days after went to pick Neven up at 6 AM at the airport. First hug at the airport had never felt so good. He wrote me a card and gave me his scarf, though I won't ever need it in Bangkok but he said it's something to remember him by. A few friends from Japan came to Thailand and we all hung out together. One day trip to Ayuttaya. Bangkok was so much more fun when Neven was around. Forgot how good it could feel to be special to someone. Wasn't love, but it was the closest I've felt in years. Every day at Khaosan Road almost the entire week. Coffee and fresh coconut juice morning with Neven. He kissed me in the art museum. Secretly stole a kiss between rows of books at the second hand bookshop in weekend market. He said with me it feels like home. Thought it'd be our final week spent together, too scared to hope anything more, but it turned out to be the beginning of our long-distance relationship. Goodbye hug and crying at the airport. Scared, really scared.
Too many things happened in March. A month of lots of indescribable feelings.
April
Restless. Lots of free time equals too much thinking. Too insecure about our relationship. Didn't know why I got myself into this again and kept wondering whether it'd be worth it. Worried too much about everything. Worried if my decision about going back to Japan was a right one.
May
Felt like I was coming home when I arrived in Nagoya. Surprised faces from friends when they saw me.Walking to Lawson and supermarket, walking back from school, walking everywhere together with Neven holding hands, fingers interlocked. Him feeding me apples and grapes. Cuddles. Wish I could stop the time so we could just stay like this together. Good morning kisses. A rainy trip in Kyoto. Super emotional. Still really insecure about our relationship. Lots of tears.
June
Heartbreaking goodbye early morning in front of the security gate at the airport again. Much, much worse than last time. He kept holding me back and wouldn't let me go. Tears in his eyes. Ran all the way to the gate. Tears on the way home. Scared, still really scared. The most heart-wrenching Skype.
The beginning of my last semester in university. New people in class and got to meet some of my old friends again. Excited the first week. Thought 4th year classes were more interesting than others. Challenging Business Japanese class. Thought Neven and I would be over.
(to be continued)
No comments:
Post a Comment