Monday, December 26, 2011

So far so good

I've had so much to write about my first week of work, so much so that I didn't know where to start and in the end didn't feel like writing anything. Is this strange?

Let's sum it up that so far it's been good. Is this because I haven't been doing much yet, I'm not quite sure. The office is pretty small, and the atmosphere is really Japanese, and I feel my Japanese proficiency is not enough from time to time. But everyone has been nice and helpful. Got a chance to go to a real Thai company Christmas and year-end party last week and I felt glad that I wasn't in that kind of atmosphere. It's hard to explain, and I think you need to live in Thailand to understand the local Thai environment I'm talking about. From time to time I think it's kind of weird how the gap between people in one city can vary this much in Bangkok.

I also enjoy when I get a chance to get out of the office for hotel inspection for a bit, though I think I need to learn A LOT more when dealing with people. This is much nicer than just sitting in front of the screen all day long. Was even nicer today when we briefly met a young and handsome general manager ...

Got my first salary last Friday already, but only half of it. To be honest I didn't know what to use this money with so I didn't splurge with anything. It's not like I'm broke now, and actually I'm still using the Chinese New Year's money I found a couple of weeks ago!

Was sick and really exhausted over the weekend so I was doing nothing but sleeping all day long. It kinda sucks, but at least I started to feel a bit better and recovered.

It doesn't feel like last week of the year or holiday at all for me, because in Thailand it's just another typical 5 working day week since New Year's holiday starts from Saturday 31st until the 3rd. You can hardly call it a holiday, can you?

The weather has been really lovely. This morning I woke up and it was 19C! Almost couldn't believe it, but it was really nice.

Apologize for my inability to write longer than 2 sentences per paragraph. It even bores myself and I'm getting sleepy, so I think I shall stop here. Until next time.

No comments: