
"A little thought from each of us. A big difference for everyone"
I like this campaign called Together for London a lot.
Came across the campaign because of London Diary 1.1: Do you have time for happiness?, a Thai book written by Roundfinger or นิ้วกลม in Thai (his pseudonym of course, I don't even know his real name). The first book I read from this author called Tokyo has no legs (If you wanna know why it has no legs, you'd better read the book!), and I personally like his style of writing.
Came across the campaign because of London Diary 1.1: Do you have time for happiness?, a Thai book written by Roundfinger or นิ้วกลม in Thai (his pseudonym of course, I don't even know his real name). The first book I read from this author called Tokyo has no legs (If you wanna know why it has no legs, you'd better read the book!), and I personally like his style of writing.
I don't want to call his book a travel guidebook, it is more about his thoughts towards some little things that were overlooked by most people while he was traveling. I really like some of his perspectives about life; deep, yet not too deep to be understood. Sometimes he talked about simple things that we see every day, yet he can make it extraordinary by looking from another angle. London Diary is the book I can savor words and a train of thoughts through each character.His book can always make me smile with his little comments, or attempted-to-be-funny jokes. He once mentioned that the clock tower is called Big Ben because it was a work by Sir Benjamin Hall, but suppose it was built by พลเอกชวลิต มันก็คงจะถูกเรียกว่า "บิ๊กจิ๋ว" Very lame, isn't it? It makes me smile nonetheless.
Reading this kind of inspirational book left me with warm feeling inside. I feel like I want to know the author after finishing his book. I want to know his real character. I want to know whether he really is a positive-thinking person as his work told me so. I want to know what makes him think the way he does because it's unique. He sounds a bit like an idealist to me, and I think we need this type of people more. We have enough full-blown materialists and, frankly, they nearly choked me.
So now that I finished London Diary, I promised to myself that one day I'll go there. I'll make it to London (or die trying?). It is officially on my to-do list, added as another goal of mine, from now on.
This song, Somebody by Depeche Mode, was included in the book. I love, love, love, and love the lyric.
I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me
ฆ่ากันเลยดีกว่า...จะตรงใจไปไหนคะ?
[Edit] This is touching and so damn true; relationships are delicate.
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She'll hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me
ฆ่ากันเลยดีกว่า...จะตรงใจไปไหนคะ?
[Edit] This is touching and so damn true; relationships are delicate.
4 comments:
You know, I nearly bought this book yesterday lol. but the size is quite thick. I'm not sure that i will have time to read it because before i met this book, i bought 3 novel books from book fair at future park rangsit - -"
well, this blog is going to be the book worm blog, isn't it lol I think you should change your blog's name from butterfinger to butterfingerworm lol(เนยนิ้วหนอน)
how about your vacation? is it good? I'm pretty sure that it was :D Now, my midterm scores were announced. Only 3-4 subjects that I exactly don't know it. But the rest of it, I got MEAN!!! How am I missing mean? I really miss her so much. MEAN for all subjects! Gosh! I can't believe myself also. Maybe my GPA for this semester will be like 2.5 or sth. (If i got 2.5, i may cry sure T_T)
miss you nah
xoxo
Hey, cut it out! So what's wrong with me being a bookworm? I can be a cool one haha. You know I can't stop reading! I'd rather die than stop lol.
London diary is not THAT hard to finish. I'm sure you can finish in no more than 2 hours, or maybe 1 hour!
I really love นิ้วกลม. Have you ever read other books from him?
Average score is also my life, my friend. No need to worry cuz that's what I'm facing too :(
Looks like my brother is having a bright future ahead of him. You'd be shocked if I told you how excellent he was for the first semester of university!
I used to read his blog one time. And don't ask me what am I thinking because I forgot it lol OK. if i have time to go to bookstore, i will buy it :D
how about your brother? I really want to know! I met him on the day that he had economics's exam, he told me that he worried about IS. Whatever, tell me!!!
Just for the record... it's the bell inside the clock tower that is called 'Big Ben' - not the tower itself :)
Post a Comment