Sunday, January 4, 2009

A little bit of everything

So I watched 4 movies, with 1 of them being seen twice, over the holiday. All of them were old, though, but I do like each of them in different ways.

First one was The Dark Knight, the best movie in the century, in my opinion at least. I was so overwhelmed with feelings that I wrote everything down on here. I did watch the whole movie twice, which was something I never did before. So this movie gotta be something!

From The Dark Knight it led me to see Batman Begins.

I was never a big fan of action movie, but I actually enjoyed this one. Christopher Nolan sure did know how to make a good action movie.

Then I saw Across the Universe, a musical film based on Beatles music, romance, and Vietnam War set in 60s.

I didn't really like the movie, but I love the music. After all, those songs are what we've been familiar with forever. Now I've got a lot of Beatles song stuck in my head from "Hold me tight, tell me I'm the only one and then I might never be the lonely one" to "Close your eyes, and I'll kiss you. Tomorrow, I'll miss you" and "What would you do if I sang outta tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?" or even "Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better"

Just to name a few. Been listening to some of them from my iPod ever since I was done watching the movie.

And, according to the movie, I think Liverpool accent is quite interesting.

Today I just saw 21. It was based on true story about MIT students playing blackjack in Vegas with their well-trained counting cards trick.


I like the movie. Now I'm quite curious about how possible card counting in blackjack could be. And I still try to figure Monty Hall problem out, which is about probability puzzle that any junior high school kids might think it was easy. I did probability in 8th or 9th grade, and the only thing I got from it was that I shouldn't buy lottery.

And I've found my new love. The name is Jim Sturgess, a British lead actor in both Across the Universe and 21.


Anyway, I'd better wake up and get back to reality. Have a shitload of things to do. And I'm wasting my time writing this entry talking about a guy who doesn't even know I exist. I'm pretty sensible, aren't I?

Well, well, I'm done for real. Sayonara.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind if you recruited to Beatle music because you found 'Jim Sturgess' - it doesn't matter how you got there - you got there - next lesson - listen to ALL of 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)on headphones in a darkened room with your eyes closed - eventually as the section in the second half of the song repeats and repeats you will find yourself being taken to a higher plane of consciousness (how to get high without drugs) :))