Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stuffed animal as a graduation gift?

Can you believe the girl on the right is a university graduate?

Doesn't she look so young? She certainly looks 18 to me!

The Piano pencil case in my hand was Christmas'08 present from her. I really like it :)

I've known her since I was 10 when we were still running around our music school waiting for our Piano lesson to start. I still remembered playing Dvorak's Humoresque duet with her. Still remembered playing 8 hand duets uncomfortably but happily clustered together in 1 Grand Piano with her, Fiona, and our Piano teacher, and we all agreed to dress in red and black to match on our performance day. Remembered going to see some European Pianist performance at Sukhothai Hotel with her, saw him play Chopin Minute Waltz in D-Flat major as his Encore and whispered to each other in awe "So THAT is how we really are supposed to play Chopin?"

It, somehow, seems just like the other day, yet this Saturday, I am going to her university graduation ceremony.

Where did all the time go?

I had our pic developed and framed added a card as a graduation gift for her. I'm not sure whether it would be too ordinary, and she might prefer stuffed animal and flower because she likes "cute" stuff.

The common, acceptable idea of giving stuffed animal as a graduation gift never ceased to puzzle me. I bet if anyone can't think of any particular things to buy for a graduated girl, the first thing that comes to their minds must be stuffed animals. I have no clue who started this so-called "tradition", but it's been one of the most popular graduation gifts for a long time. They even have teddy bear with graduation gowns specifically designed for each university! Is it because it's CUTE when taking pictures? Is it because it stands out among the crowd? And it's like the bigger your stuffed animal is, the better it seems to be.

Come to think of it, maybe stuffed animal is a safety net cuz you can't ever go wrong with this cute little (well, preferably big) thing.

Maybe I should have gotten stuffed animal for her. Why shouldn't I? It's très adorable!

[Edit] I talked about this to my friend and she asked "why the hell do you have to be such a picky bitch?" (NICE!) Then she wanted to know what would be a practical gift for me and I said a plane ticket to London would suffice. She yelled at me and said I was an idiot (I probably am :P).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol The present that you want is really really... (can not describe) You can make sure that you can't get that present from me too.

Don't you like the animal stuff? I do like it nah lol Teddy bear of my faculty is really cute but just only 1 piece is ok for me. If I'm the graduate, what do I want? I want everybody that I love comes to greet me in the ceremony day and takes pictures with me also. That's enough for me :D Oh, one more thing, I don't want any freshmen to ask me money!!!!!!! I've never ever asked my senior for money. So, please don't ask me to give money!!!!! You know, just graduate from SIIT, I lost money around 1 million - -" Pretty sad for my parents - -"

PS. cute bear aa' i love it nah' :D
PS2. P'lookyee looks younger than you aa' lol
PS3. If i graduate, YOU HAVE TO COME TO MY CEREMONY NAH' IF NOT, เลิกคบ LOL

Natta said...

DEFINITELY I'll have to go to your ceremony. Seriously I would go if you didn't even want me. I would follow you around like a stalker lol.

P.S. the bear's gown is ABAC's, I chose that pic cuz it's P'lugyee's university's gown.

Anonymous said...

umm... I know. I guess from the bear's uniform :D

I know just you don't like to give animal's stuff to the other but I don't know that you don't like it - -"

well, thx for being a stalker on my ceremony day lol I'm doing like that with your day too lol

Anonymous said...

what kind of moron gives a person a stuffed toy animal as a gift? - have these people NO imagination ????

Anonymous said...

haha, i love that bear, i wish i could have gotten it as a present for my graduation! :-P