I found my dictionary!!!
A friend in my major thought it was her dictionary and mistakenly took it home. She hadn't checked her bag for 3 days. Today, in class, when she wanted to use it, she found the dictionary in her bag, only to discover that it's not hers!
Obviously, it's MINE!!!
I was literally screaming. Then, I went straight to hug her. I didn't blame her for anything. All I could say is I'm extremely happy at this very moment.
These past few days have been quite emotionally exhausting, trying to deal with the person who borrowed my dictionary. I'm not gonna get into details because it was sure as hell not pretty. Let's say I've learned about this person much more than I could ever expect.
On the bright side, I also learned that many friends have been very helpful, particularly my middle-school friend who's in Japan now, saw my Facebook status, and offered to buy the dictionary for me because she's coming home this Christmas. She and I wasn't really close, and we kinda lost contact when she went to study in Japan since high school. I feel really grateful for her help.
So...I might go back to Thailand best buy fair at Queen Sirikit center today to grab Charles & Keith black wedges shoes that I was eyeing yesterday, since I won't have to spend money on the new electronic dictionary anymore ;)
4 comments:
Hooray! It must have felt GREAT to get the dict back. Good start to what will hopefully be a wonderful weekend for you.
Sorry to hear about the revelations about the person who borrowed the dict, but not too surprised. Situations like this will bring out either the best or the worst in people in my experience.
So, go get those Charles & Keith wedges...you deserve it after such an emotionally draining week!
Thank you, Steve! I didn't buy the shoes, instead I went to the international street show in Lumpini park. Didn't have to waste a single "Satang" on that event :)
Not even on food? How can you be down around Lumpini park and not partake of some of the wonderful foods for sale there? Maybe you can, but I certainly couldn't!
Oops, I forgot the food! But other than that I didn't have to pay for anything :-)
Post a Comment