Friend: Have you ever thought one day you're going to be a mother?
Me (blinking and staring stupidly): No. Never.
And it's the truth! I've always thought being a mother is really far away (Come on, no boyfriend at the moment. And we're talking about this stuff. Are you insane?), like a completely different world to me, but today I discovered some of my friends really think about being a mother and having their own children. One of them even said she doesn't really want boyfriend that much, but she wants to have kids!
Another "Wow" thing for me today. I don't know why the thought of being a mother has never crossed my mind. Okay, it probably has, but if I think about BEING A MOTHER, I...shudder. Seriously. Personally, it's not something to look forward to. It's really scary. How can people want to do that? To raise someone and support that person all of their life? (Particularly in Thailand case. Parenting means lifetime obligation) Every time I see pregnant women, I secretly admire them and can't ever imagine myself being in their shoes.
Being a mother is such a big sacrifice and I guess I'm too selfish to think all about that right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment