Monday, October 19, 2009

Back in good old BKK

Just got back from Japan today. The whole trip was great, though I didn't like Fukuoka too much. It was a very nice city; clean and convenient and all that jazz, but I felt it lacks something that I can't exactly pinpoint. I've been to a few cities but Fukuoka was the first that I felt lonely while walking down the streets in downtown district. It's really nice, but it doesn't provide much excitement. It's just bland if compared to Bangkok in general.

But other than that, I had a great time in Kyoto, where I should call it my second home from now on. It was so nice getting to see my Japanese families and friends there. When I left this morning, I felt a part of me is still left in Kyoto once again. And I started to think that maybe it IS meant to stay there with all those awesome people forever...

I felt really "Greng-Jai" the whole time I stayed in my host family's house, though. In the end I gave them some Thai souvenirs and they also gave me a little something back, which they seriously shouldn't have. They let me stay in their house for free, so I don't really see why they need to give us stuff. It's just TOO MUCH. But I notice Japanese is usually that way. They tend to give presents back when they receive ones.

Will probably write and upload some pics later. During the trip I got to party and hang out with many Thai people this time and there is some distinctive characteristic of Thai people that I noticed and really wanted to (oh you know it) rant. My friend who was traveling with me even commented that I shouldn't have been born as a Thai person. Pretty harsh, I think.

So...until next time. Will have to teach tomorrow.

No comments: