Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow in Nagoya


The picture above is the view from my balcony yesterday morning. As you can see, snow has arrived here...finally. It's been snowing in Nagoya for 2 days. A proper snow too! Obviously I am not excited at all. Just needed to rush outside and take about 100 pictures of snow and snowman plus videos. Who said I'm excited?

Let the pictures speak for themselves :-)



It was still snowing when I was walking to campus this morning. I had to concentrate on walking and try not to fall down. Here is the picture of Nagoya university Toyoda auditorium today.


Snow makes everything look really beautiful. I enjoy it, as long as it doesn't snow too much. Or it can snow as much as it likes, as long as I don't have to go outside.

It's been quite cold in Nagoya; these past few days the temperature dropped to 1-3 C during the day, possibly minus something during the night. On the other hand, I was told that it's 12C in London in the past week. The weather has gone really crazy if you imagine how much the UK had been snowed in last month. The only thing that never changes, I suppose, is Thailand weather. Of course, we stick to 30ishC all year round! (Read: Boring)

I have yet to make snowman and snow angel though. When I told my friend that I have never made either of them before, my friend went into a real, big shock, and I was called a "poor deprived little girl" for missing out on (apparently) fun things. Ugh, seriously? Why would that be surprising? Just in case you forgot, I'm from Thailand!

I have just finished writing Business Japanese presentation script a few hours ago, so I am quite content with myself. I'm taking a little break now before getting back to Kanji study :( I need to make it up for the weekend that I had been slacking by checking out tons and tons of fashion blogs and marking them as favorites. Apparently, I have found a new, lovely way to kill time and procrastinate. How genius. Also, I have discovered that all the fashion bloggers just love to follow this 30 for 30 mixes like this.

I'll have a pre-departure orientation tomorrow, which I do not like the sound of it at all. "Departure", the word just doesn't sound nice to my ears. Too bad I can't escape from it.

One more thing before ending this post, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to England right now. It's so close, yet so far away. But I'm sure it'll be here soon enough. I must have patience (easier said than done, because I never do!)

No comments: