My tutor and I went to pay the rest of our plane tickets for England at University Co-op today (love university co-op here soooo much. It's sooo convenient. Who would have thought you could book bus/train/plane tickets or even package tours abroad at university!). So now I've got Korean air E-ticket to London on one hand, and JAL E-ticket to Bangkok on the other. It's funny how I feel totally opposite for these two tickets; extremely excited for the former, and strongly detest the latter!
We've been searching of places to go in London too. We have about 6 days to spend in the city. So far we've got ideas roughly of where to go, mostly touristy places. We've been discussing whether it'll be worth it to buy London Pass. And how many days should we buy if we are going to buy it. Oh, and I want to go see a musical show, but my tutor is not interested at all, and I strongly doubt if my English friend will be interested because it's expensive :( I might need to go alone if I really want to. I really want to though! I've watched Lion King broadway in NYC once and it was such an awesome experience. How can I miss West End show in London, right?
Also, I want to go for afternoon tea! But then again my tutor complains it's expensive. I know it is, but hey, we're going to England!!! It seems like an appropriate thing to do. My other German friend who is studying in London have already suggested to go to either Fortnum and Mason or Chesterfield Mayfair hotel for afternoon tea. It costs about 20 pounds but seriously I'd love to try eating scones, cakes and other sweets with English tea once!
Oh my, I'll spend soooo much on this trip. But I really think it'll be worth it. It's not like I can go to England every year. Maybe this is once in a lifetime opportunity sort of thing, you know?
Alright, I need to get back to reality first. Now I am in Japan, still not a real reality though. Wait until I go back to Thailand. That is real stuff we're talking about here.
P.S. Just went back to check some of my old posts about London. This may sound weird, but I'm surprised to have found out that I really, really did want to go to England at one point. I've even added England as a must-see place to go visit before I die. Oh wow. Don't get me wrong, I still want to go there, but I see England in a little different view now. I'll be going there not for only traveling but visiting my really good friend, so it's probably more about people than the place itself, or maybe it's about both. I'm not sure, but who would have thought life would turn out this way? Me having a good English friend and going to visit him in London. It surely is much cooler! Anyway, I just wanted to say I came across this old link in my old post so I'll make sure to read them later...
P.S.S. If this is not obvious enough, I'm way overexcited about the whole England thing...Need to calm down and get back to my assignments and studying!
No comments:
Post a Comment