Friday, January 14, 2011

Letter from London

I checked my mail and there was a letter waiting for me in my mailbox yesterday. I was even more excited to find out it's from a good friend of mine who has never written or sent me anything before.

It was great to receive a letter. I can't remember getting one...ever. I have received postcards, birthday cards, christmas cards, new year's cards, etc. But not letters.

It's lovely to receive something in the mail from my family and friends. Actually it's one of the best feelings for me :-) I have written how I feel about receiving letters before.

I love writing, even though I don't think I am good at it. I write diary from time to time (Sadly, not that often anymore! I should fix this). I write in order to get it out of my chest. It helps me feel a bit better when I am stressed out or frustrated or simply just feel too much about something.

Which is why I think I really appreciate it when someone writes me.

I don't know why I love it so much. Receiving emails is okay. But receiving letters feels like...something. It's more special.

Too bad these days people don't write letters much anymore...

No comments: