Friday, January 14, 2011

Longing to be here longer

So now that I had started writing one blog entry, I have just realized it's been a while since I last wrote on here (again!)

I had a pretty good winter break. Two of my Thai friends came to visit me in Nagoya and we went traveling together to many places. It was really nice getting to see both of them again; one flew from Bangkok and the other came from Saitama. I had been laughing non-stop with both of them :) We saw lots of snow in Shirakawa-go so that was really worth it. Great times!

Now I'm back at school though, which is not so fun. But I don't have much left; only 2 more weeks of classes then finals. I've been working on papers though :-( So far I have finished two :-) but I still have one more left. It'll be pretty hectic at the end of January - the beginning of February because of all the finals. Ahh, the pain of end of semester. I can't wait for it to be all over on February 8th!

We are having Nupace winter party next Friday. The theme is "Winter masquerade" so it will be slightly formal and masks are required. Hmm, I don't know what I'm going to wear yet, and I still don't have a mask. I'm not sure if I'll buy one, or just go without one. We'll see how things go.

I can't believe that my second and last(!) semester in Japan is ending soon! And I'll be going home in 2 months. Wow, one year is incredibly short. Am I ready to head back to Bangkok? No. Not at all. Not in a million years (maybe). I'm used to my life in Japan now and am really content with it, so I don't want to go back to my real life in Thailand because...it sucks. To be honest, I haven't enjoyed this semester that much. It's been quite boring and blah if compared with last semester. But somehow I still want to stay here. Strange, don't you think? I want to be here so much that even though Thai food is my most favorite food in the world, I'm willing to give that up if I could stay here longer. Crazy, right!?

Oh well, I can keep complaining, but it's not going to change anything. I must go back to Thailand. Sigh. It sucks that I won't get to speak Japanese and English on a daily basis anymore. How boring! Speaking Thai is boring and there's nothing challenging about it. Even worse, my Japanese and English skills will drop dramatically as time passes by. Ugh. You probably wonder if I don't miss my family at all. Well, actually I'm fine lol. I don't feel like I need to see them or anything. We can keep contact. And we always do anyway. I feel quite happy to live on my own and be independent actually. When I go back to Thailand, I'll live with my parents again, which is fine. I don't have problems with them or anything, but still it's nice to live by yourself and, like I said, I'm used to it now.

Before I go back to Thailand though, there's something to look forward to next month: The England Trip! Yay! :-D I'm really, really looking forward to this trip. If you know me, I've been wanting to go to Engliand since I was like 13 or something, so I'm literally thrilled that I will get to go there...in about a month! Even better, now that one of my really good friends I met in Japan is English, I'll get to see him too! (Just to clarify, I didn't plan to make friends with English people for benefits. Trust me! It just...happened) Actually, at this moment I'm not sure whether I am looking forward to England itself or seeing my friend again. Maybe both! I'll stay at my friend's place in London and he also plans to take my Japanese friend and me to his parent's house, which is somewhere in the northern England. In fact, we have already booked the train tickets. It's really nice of my friend to let us stay at his flat. The accommodation in London is shockingly expensive, or maybe it's not that shocking considering that it's London...

It's going to be cold and wet in London in February though :( Probably not a perfect time to visit England. But it's the only time I can go before I head home. I think getting to see some of my English friends that I met in Japan again should be worth it :-)

That's about sum it up; my life at the moment. I'm not sure when I'll write on here again. Hopefully sooner than later.

No comments: